LCVG

MechAssault 2

Chris F

Originally posted by Beer Monkey@Dec 29 2004, 01:39 PM

I've got the flu and I'm only up and about for short amounts of time. That's why I missed paintball last night, and why I'm not at gamerush picking up MA2 right now...

Allen mentioned that to me Mike. DAMN VIRUSES!

Hope you feel better. 1 vs. 1 paintball was amusing, but not very exciting. :)

Originally posted by WetWork@Dec 29 2004, 01:41 PM

I was hoping we would play GR2 last night but you guys were probably enjoying paintball too much so I went out and picked up the paintball game and MA 2 today.

I'll see you guys tonight. Please add me to your friends list if you haven't done so already.

Cool! Maybe we'll do some MA2, then shoot some paintballs at each other. Or vice versa, depending on the turnout. Hell, we'll even toss in some Ghost Recon 2 to boot.

Chris, I'm all up for some MA2 tonight but 7:00 p.m. CST is a bit wee too early for me. If you guys are still on around 9:00 p.m. CST look for my Vulture to be making a mess of the place... :shock:

Edit: After reading up on the game, it appears that you have to choose from available mechs before you start a battle. It's not like in the original MA where you could choose a mech and continue to respawn as that mech. :cry:

Originally posted by CaptDS9E@Dec 29 2004, 03:25 PM

I got the game sitting next to me right now. Ill be on tonight for sure. Sorry bout last night. I fell asleep while watching a movie, and didnt wake up till this morning

capt

Wow I cant wait to read that review.. :)

Going to try and jump in on some of this gaming if I can find the game at BB or BB

I'm starting a clan for Mech Assault 2. This is not in any way an official clan of LCVG. In fact, I am inviting members from various forums that I belong to, in hopes of getting enough members to have a good frequency of play.

This clan is NOT intended to replace any LCVG clan (or compete with it), and actually, most people probably shouldn't join this clan. And some who do may want to quit and move on to other clans.

The purpose of this clan is ONLY for casual play. No skill is required, and no amount of time/availability is required. This clan is probably best for casual players that want lots of grownups to play with, but their forum doesn't have enough Mech Assault 2 members to guarantee enough regular play.

If LCVG starts a clan for serious players, maybe you should join that. If LCVG starts a clan for casual players and there are enough to ensure frequent gameplay, you should probably join that. This clan is for casual players who ONLY want casual play and feel that they don't have a better option to join.

We're looking for mature players. If you aren't an adult and are willing to act like it, this isn't the clan for you.

Rules:

1) Don't give anybody orders. If you feel the need to tell other players what to do ("two of you hang back, two of us are going to flank to the left, and the rest of you go to the flag"), this is not the clan for you. Sure, we can discuss strategy and tactics, and work/communicate to learn and succeed. But there's a difference between working together and playing CO. The latter turns off a lot of casual players and drives them away from clan play, especially CASUAL clan play. If you are even making 'suggestions' and the conversation is obviously one-sided, stop it!

2) Don't talk like a sailor 24/7. We all use profanity at times, but if every other word out of your mouth is 'Fuck', it gets old fast.

3) Don't talk constantly; give others a chance to speak. Talk about whatever you like, but if you are constantly treating the voice channel like your own chat room, other players will get tired of listening.

I'm not sure how well this will go over, the whole thing might implode, who knows? We'll see what happens.

The name of the clan is 'teh bias'. Send me a private message and I'll send you a clan invite.

Originally posted by ant1@Dec 30 2004, 04:24 PM

Sounds like my kinda clan, too bad i don't play mech assault.

you should consider it. It's fun :tu:

a fair amount of asshat kids BUT

oddly enough in most team based rooms people actually play like a team.

let me know if you do. I'll be waitng.