LCVG

PSP Release

Camp

Do you guys really think PSP will launch in the US this spring?

It's just such an odd time for a new platform launch. The only other platform I can think of to launch close to the spring (actually a bit later) was the Saturn and it was a disaster (albiet for countless other reasons).

A spring launch also brings up questions about when/where Sony plans to announce the launch details. Typically such announcements occur at major industry shows (E3) but a spring launch pretty much leaves CES or GDC the only major shows. Will Sony totally buck the trend and do something unique?

http://www.newsday.com/business/ny-bzplay0...iness-headlines

While no pricetag was announced, Sony America chief executive Howard Stringer said it would cost less than $200 when it's released in the United States in late March.

Still disappointed that no official date or price is actually set yet. And I don't think anyone was really expecting that it would be over $200, as the Japanese price is under $200 when converted.

• 3 weeks later...
:wtf

I have a response to them but i wont say it here

Yeah, I hear ya.

Now I know it's a small number of people sending it back, but with that, plus the loosely fitting disc cover in the back, combined with the wildly varying battery lengths, I don't think I'll be buying a PSP on release.

I don't like the fact that they acknowledge the flaw, call it a design issue, then do nothing about it. That really rubs me the wrong way.

I don't like the fact that they acknowledge the flaw, call it a design issue, then do nothing about it. That really rubs me the wrong way.

That's typical Sony arrogance when it comes to hardware launches though unfortunately. They rarely admit to manufacturing/design flaws, as has been shown with both Playstation launches.

I'm keen to get a PSP but I don't know if I "trust" Sony to get it right hardware wise initially.

This is the first Sony gaming device I've seriously considered purchasing, but it seems increasing unlikely to happen. And I'm not enamored with the DS (although it appears a much higher quality machine in terms of fit and finish), it looks like I may be opting out of this generation of handhelds. :rolleyes:

That's typical Sony arrogance when it comes to hardware launches though unfortunately. They rarely admit to manufacturing/design flaws' date=' as has been shown with both Playstation launches.

I'm keen to get a PSP but I don't know if I "trust" Sony to get it right hardware wise initially.[/quote']

When have they ever had the hardware right the first time. Original PS overheating and the laser assembly getting out of whack. PS2 having had the same issue with the laser assembly and the disc spinner dying. Now PSP the Square button not working and the disc drive opening during play and shooting the disc out.