LCVG

The inevitable feedback thread.

Romier S

So what do you gents think of the new software etc? We are still making many small tweaks and what not to get things back to real semblance of normalcy but for the most part everything major is in place. As I commented to someone earlier this is the "rehearsal" for the Season 2 premier. Many small visual touches still need to made in so far as the banner and more custom buttons for user titles and what not. Thus far though, we'd really be interested in knowing your thoughts on the new forum sections and layout.

Thanks!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, so good! You could have made the forum only display in monochrome courier font, and I still would be glad to have it back! :tu

I don't think the sticky threads are behaving the way they used to. When you click on "new posts", it used to keep all the stickys at the top (I think), but now they are mixed in with the rest. Is this by design?

Also, I was about to get pissed because some people posted at 2:00 a.m. this morning. Then I noticed I had to set my timezone.

Carlos.

• I liked the old button graphics better (post reply, new thread, etc.)
  • the "thread icons" to the left of each thread seem a bit large and well, blocky
  • however, the fact that I can hover over them and see how many posts I have in the thread kicks much ass :tu
  • will there be user-selectable themes at some point? So, for example, this could be the default, and those who prefer the old button style could use the "Old School" theme or something.
  • the newly available WYSIWYG posting mode rocks
  • sort of in with the buttons thing, the old icons for user status (megabit, owner, boss) made the site look a bit snazzier IMO. Is there any way to do those as icons again with vBulletin, or is it locked in to text only?

LCVG is the most suckiest suck of a forum since it was down for 4 days. I can't believe no one has complained about that yet. You owner people need to step it up a notch when stuff like this happens. :mad:

;) jk

Looking good so far. I wanted to list a few new features that I have noticed that are different from Season 1 that make this new forum cool:

XBOX gamertag in your profile

Picture in your Profile

+ sign next to Usernames means they are on your buddy list

you can now upload avatars and pics

spoiler tag feature that you only have to hover over to read

The forum is back :)

It brews coffee for you in the morning.

I hear there are alot of cool new features to come as well. Can't wait!

sort of in with the buttons thing, the old icons for user status (megabit, owner, boss) made the site look a bit snazzier IMO

We want to do the user title buttons again. The software should be able to handle it and as mentioned, it is on the to do list. :tu

will there be user-selectable themes at some point?

Yes! We want to give more skin options for sure Ryan. Again it's about learning the ins and outs of the new software.

XBOX gamertag in your profile

Yep, you can thank Kelley for that bit of genuis.

• I liked the old button graphics better (post reply' date=' new thread, etc.)
    [*']the "thread icons" to the left of each thread seem a bit large and well, blocky
  • however, the fact that I can hover over them and see how many posts I have in the thread kicks much ass :tu
  • will there be user-selectable themes at some point? So, for example, this could be the default, and those who prefer the old button style could use the "Old School" theme or something.
  • the newly available WYSIWYG posting mode rocks
  • sort of in with the buttons thing, the old icons for user status (megabit, owner, boss) made the site look a bit snazzier IMO. Is there any way to do those as icons again with vBulletin, or is it locked in to text only?

Ditto to all of those.

LCVG is the most suckiest suck of a forum since it was down for 4 days. I can't believe no one has complained about that yet. You owner people need to step it up a notch when stuff like this happens. :mad:

Yeah, no kidding. What the hell is our hard-earned money going towards, hookers and coke?

What's that you say? The site's free? Err....*looks around nervously*

;)

I liked the old button graphics better (post reply' date=' new thread, etc.)

[/quote']

The new ones fit in more with the design the main site is taking these days.

the "thread icons" to the left of each thread seem a bit large and well, blocky

I think it really keeps a flow with the entire graphic set.

however, the fact that I can hover over them and see how many posts I have in the thread kicks much ass :tu

That is a vBulletin feature. Just another reason why we picked it.

will there be user-selectable themes at some point? So, for example, this could be the default, and those who prefer the old button style could use the "Old School" theme or something.

&

I'm glad the site's back, but I miss the original, classic style.

This can simply not be promised at this point. After I get a few things fixed here on the forums, 100% focus will go onto the main site. This is the forth retool of the forums and it will be the last until the main site goes up. Now I'm not saying we won't make minor changes here or there, but a new style is just not in the cards currently. And on top of that I don't ever expect the classic style to return.

the newly available WYSIWYG posting mode rocks

Another reason why we bought vBulletin.

sort of in with the buttons thing, the old icons for user status (megabit, owner, boss) made the site look a bit snazzier IMO. Is there any way to do those as icons again with vBulletin, or is it locked in to text only?

This I am investigating, but I'm pretty sure it can be done.

I'm slowly getting used to it. Fist and foremost it is great to have it back, and I think the general re-arranging of all the sections has been pulled of with great success. My only real issue is that some graphical elements feel somewhat detached where as the old style had a little more consistent and unified look. Colour scheme is fine though.

I don't like the member name font however, over on the left of each post. Doesn't quite seem right, whether it is an actual font issue for me, or it being too big, I am unsure. The member names look nicer when you view them in the 'reply to thread' context. I do love the drop down menu when you click a member's name however.

Daniel

I like the big blocky forum icons, especially if they are matching something on a full-blown LCVG web site. A couple questions/concerns:

• Can we make the arrow bolder in the forum icon?
  • Can we have a return-to-top button?
  • Can we make the add reply, edit, etc. text bold? It is kinda hard to see on my CRT.
  • The lcvg logo is cropped differently on the bottom versus it's top and left side.

It's all small-fry stuff because I like what you did.

-j

I'm slowly getting used to it.
Me too, actually.
I do love the drop down menu when you click a member's name however.
Definitely easier to use than the "icon soup" format.

Can we make the add reply, edit, etc. text bold? It is kinda hard to see on my CRT.
This might actually be the problem I have with the new buttons as well. I whipped this graphic up as an example/test:

postreply.gif

• borders are 3 pixels on all sides for consistency with the thread icons (dimensions are larger than the current icons as a result of scaling the proportions to account for this)
  • font is Helvetica, Bold, 18px, strong anti-aliasing

I seemed to be able to see most of the site before I logged in. I know that there were discussions about what non-members could or couldn't see; do we have a final answer on that? At the very list, I would want the bargains and trading folder to be private, since they're the bit most likely to get used for data mining I'd have thought.

I seemed to be able to see most of the site before I logged in. I know that there were discussions about what non-members could or couldn't see; do we have a final answer on that? At the very list, I would want the bargains and trading folder to be private, since they're the bit most likely to get used for data mining I'd have thought.

Actually we haven't finished this feature yet. Its on the to do list.

I am most definitely enjoying having the forums back :tu

One strange thing I am sometimes noticing however: occasionally when I go through and read posts in threads, the board correctly updates with the gray boxes to indicate I've read everything in that thread. But when I come back later, even though there have been no new posts, those threads are marked as unread again.

Any ideas? I'm using Firefox if it makes any difference (as far as how it handles cookies, etc).

I am most definitely enjoying having the forums back :tu

One strange thing I am sometimes noticing however: occasionally when I go through and read posts in threads' date=' the board correctly updates with the gray boxes to indicate I've read everything in that thread. But when I come back later, even though there have been no new posts, those threads are marked as unread again.

Any ideas? I'm using Firefox if it makes any difference (as far as how it handles cookies, etc).[/quote']

Its just the cookies on your machine.