LCVG

MotoGP 3 screenshots

Romier S

Fans of the first two MotoGP games on the Xbox have reason to rejoice. MotoGP 3 is on the way and the first screenshots are here. Check them out:

MotoGP 3

MotoGP 3

MotoGP 3

MotoGP 3

MotoGP 3

The screenshots are taken from Xbox Hyde

Very little details have arisen about the game besides these screens but MotoGP has always had one of the most well thought out Xbox Live interfaces along with a very cool logo creator to customize your bike with (Scott still shows off the LCVG bike!). I'll post more info on the game as it's released.

I've always loved the MotoGP series, but I've always sucked at them. This is looking very nice so far, especially the urban environment race in one of those screens.

I've also read that they're making the series more accessible to players. I hope that doesn't mean "dumbing" it down, or making the controls very easy to master.

Wait, I see no super heroes in this thread? What gives? ;)

Oh, I could have sworn one of those riders had a cape on :confused:

No cape, no sale!! Nice try Climax :mad:

Of course I'll be there, I'm on Live from time to time, but the citizens of Paragon can't seem to stay out of trouble long enough for me to be on as much as I once was :)

MotoGP3 got officially announced today for the Xbox & PC with a nice detailed press release made available. Three big new features are getting pushed:

"embedded gameplay" - you can play the single player mode online, with other players taking up the slots on the grid.

"spectator mode" - don't have to wait in the lobby, you can watch the race as it's going on.

"commentator mode" - one player gets designated as commentator for the race, and the rest of the racers hear his/her comments.

"embedded gameplay" - you can play the single player mode online' date=' with other players taking up the slots on the grid.

[/quote']

If only GT4 would have shipped with this. Can't wait for moto gp 3 with this feature. Although you're going to want to make sure its people you'd want to race against. I wonder if you'll be able to turn collisions off in single player then? You'll need to at least be able to restrict who is able to play with you.

More news about the extreme mode at Gamespot:

Extreme Mode

THQ today divulged details on the new racing mode in its two-wheeler racing game, MotoGP 3. The mode is titled "extreme mode" and features the biggest change to gameplay since the bike racer was hatched in 2000.

Extreme mode takes racers off the closed courses of popular racing tracks and pits them on real streets. The new mode will include 16 new bikes and 16 new tracks, which vary from the country roads of rural France to the urban sprawls in Japan.

It's funny to read Gamespot note that MotoGP3 is already available for the PS2 when it's a completely different game by a different development team/publisher.

There is also a good hands on preview here:

Preview

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but it appears MotoGP 3 will not only use MotoGP bikes, but regular consumer versions as well. Some of the screenshots show headlights, which MotoGP bikes don't have. Some pictures show either a Ducati 749 or 999 (round headlights stacked on top of each other), and others show what looks like Kawasaki Ninja's or Yamaha R1's & R6's. :tu

• 6 months later...

Resurrecting this thread with my impressions from the backup forum. The game has been out for a bit now and I dove right into the street and GP modes of the game. You can read my further impressions below:

Anyone that enjoyed the last two will salivate over the third installment. The gameplay is as solid as ever and the new extreme mode is really fun stuff.

This is definitely the best looking of the bunch as well. The new street courses are really a sight to see and the framerate is smooth as butter running at a constant FPS for those that love that kind of thing. My only real complaint would be that the street courses lack any real movement or life to them. They feel very static and "non-alive" (ie lack of spectators, movement etc.).

I've only been playing on the Rookie mode right now and it is a touch too easy for it's own good. I'll be ramping up soon enough though and if it's anything like the past two games it will provide a good challenge.

I highly recommend race fans give this a try. It's the last of the series this gen no doubt and I know Climax is already working on a next gen engine to continue the series on. It's the best time to take a play of the series.

I'll be posting some Live matches soon for this. Waiting to get my Xbox situated before I start creating games but I'm very eager to try this online.