Favorite GTA Game?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Favorite GTA Game?

• GTA III
    • GTA: Vice City
    • GTA: San Andreas
    • Loved 'em all
    • Hated the series

I think I am going to pick up the GTA collection for the PSone at Best Buy this weekend as well.

You'd be better off getting them for the PC or GTA2 for the DC.

Personally GTA2 is my favourite, though I think the later sequels did a brilliant job of taking the series into 3D.

Mercenaries!

:iagree

If it has to be of the choices give, I would say Vice City. Loved the music above anything else. The Scarface like setting really upped my enjoyment of the game as well. I look forward to playing through San Andreas on the PC and seeing if it can push ahead.

Brian = Teh Bias!

I'd probably go for the original GTA, simply because it's the one I've played the most over the years.

GTA2 is great, though. I'm just miffed that my DC copy didn't come with the maps, so I get a bit lost sometimes. The SF trappings are something of an aquired taste, too.

Oh, and Dean (or indeed anyone else), don't forget that GTA 1 and 2 are available for free download from Rockstar now. Not that I've been able to get the server let me have GTA 2 yet.

Worth doing even if you already own GTA 1 and 2, simply because these versions are compatible with Windows XP, unlike the boxed ones.

Oh' date=' and Dean (or indeed anyone else), don't forget that GTA 1 and 2 are available for free download from Rockstar now. Not that I've been able to get the server let me have GTA 2 yet.

Worth doing even if you already own GTA 1 and 2, simply because these versions are compatible with Windows XP, unlike the boxed ones.[/quote']

I forgot about that. Heading to Rock* now.

-Dean-

Vice City is the only one I've played, but it really managed to captivate me. Loved everything in it - the Miami, Florida setting, the music, the missions, the open-ended gameplay. Basically it was the first game of its type that I played. And I can even say that it was the game that really pushed me into more hardcore rather than casual gaming. I enjoyed it immensely - been trying to get my hands on GTA III but it's unavailable.

I have to go with all three.

Sure it never really delivered the most fluid graphics in any of the three on the PS2. But it did deliver the gameplay. And with so many games out there now that look awesome and play like crap, it was a reward to finally have a game that I just enjoyed playing. I have never put more hours into a game before in my life than I did Vice City, and I could go days without doing a mission from the story just doing all of the side missions and bonus items.

Sadly enough, I wish I'd played GTA2 (only one I didn't). With the people in here saying it was good, maybe I'd have liked it as well.

Hehe, looks like I'm the first one to vote for GTA III. This was the game that blew away everything I thought I knew about games and made it possible for me to do almost anything I ever imagined.

Vice City and San Andreas are great too, but they have a "more of the same" feel to me and aren't the revolutionary experience I had with GTAIII.

P.S. I played the original GTA and London 1969 expansion to death on my PC years ago and loved them; seeing the series fully realized in 3D was just awesome.

Well, I played a lot more of San Andreas this weekend, and the game is much more involving than I had first thought. I'm really enjoying it.

Two gameplay additions I had been DYING to see implemented in the series, that make San Andreas superior to its predecessors:

1. Climbing

2. SWIMMING!

I am so glad CJ can scale fences and walls, and doesn't die a slow, stupid death when he falls into water. Thank God for these additions.

I still don't like the on-rails shooting missions like the ones introduced in Vice City, though.