LCVG

Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Chris F

I've been waiting for this for what seems like an eternity now. It does indeed look absolutely beautiful, and I anticipate Danny Elfman?s score as much in its own right as I do the film itself.

Wonderful cast too (not credited in the trailer, but amongst the voice talent are Albert Finney and Christopher Lee). I'll hand it to Burton, ever since he wed Helena Bonham Carter and set himself up in England for his home, he has come to rely predominantly on a lot of British cast and crew talent for his recent projects, this and perhaps most notably Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Daniel

• 7 months later...

I got a chance to see this at a sneak preview tonight. Overall it was great. The look is fantastic, pure Burton and wonderfully detailed. The animation is suberb, really smooth and even better than in TNBC. Victor's hair is especially impressive... not because it looks real, but he has a piece that continueously moving and you wonder how painstaking that must be to do a frame at a time with puppets.

The story is very charming, with lots of laughs and clever gags (the guy sitting in front of me laughed at everthing and had the most annoying girlie laugh ever) and a number of times the whole theater got going. I was a little confused with with how Victor exactly ended up marrying the corpse bride accidently, or I guess more how the whole underworld worked, but I won't go into any details as not to spoil anything.

The only sort of negative is that the songs, while good, are not in the same league as TNBC. I'm a huge fan of that movie, especially it's songs, it was a bit of a disapointment. Plus, there's only 3 of them.

Certainly one to get when it hits DVD.