LCVG

Contest entries....

Carlucci

I've decided that I want to enter more contests this year, in the hopes of actually winning something.

I've created a mailbox in Gmail just for contest entries, so I'll know how much spam it generates. I really don't care if I get a lot of snail mail ads.

So, post your links to legitimate, non gimmicky contest entry forms, and let us know if you win anything. Be sure to read the fine print to make sure you are not signing your life away or getting you phone carrier switched.

Here's a couple to get us started....

Win a logitech harmony remote: www.logitech.com/remote

Win the top 50 games of 2004: http://www.gameinformer.com/extras/contest.aspx

Enjoy, and good luck!

Carlos.

Sorry Carlos, I don't have anything good to add right now, but speaking of contests...

I came across an ad in GMR today for one of those "Win the Ultimate Gaming Rig!!" contests with the little puzzle at the bottom... and I couldn't believe it - the ad was almost exactly the same as the ones I remembered seeing in GamePro and all those other gaming mags well over a decade ago! It had been updated for this generation of consoles, of course, but the puzzle was even identical to what I remembered... something like "World rulers have it, and in this contest, YOU have it!"

Anyone else remember these and know what I'm talking about?

I came across an ad in GMR today for one of those "Win the Ultimate Gaming Rig!!" contests with the little puzzle at the bottom... and I couldn't believe it - the ad was almost exactly the same as the ones I remembered seeing in GamePro and all those other gaming mags well over a decade ago! It had been updated for this generation of consoles' date=' of course, but the puzzle was even identical to what I remembered... something like "World rulers have it, and in this contest, YOU have it!"

Anyone else remember these and know what I'm talking about?[/quote']

The POWER!

Yeah I remember those, they were so tempting as a kid. A pretty good scam for whoever runs that, I think they charged money for each "round" of puzzles you completed.

I love the idea of this thread Carlos! And I hope you or someone here wins stuff as a result of this thread. And of course if anyone does win, you need to gloat here and show us what you got. :)

Here's on from Creative Labs, Zen Micro Challenge . The only catch is you have to play a sort of Simon Says game to participate.

Win and Ipod from Boating World Magazine . Ends Jan 23rd.

I'll keep an eye out for more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Woohoo! I won something.

A freaking 2-liter bottle of Pepsi-Lime. Yay, me! They sent me a free entry code. (I'm guessing everyone who got a code sent won this)

Go hear to get signed up for the Call Upon Yoda game.

I think you have to have a yahoo account. I was already registered for Pepsi contests so it wasn't a big muss.

You can download the Star Wars language translater. It will take what you typed and convert it into various languages from the Star Wars Universe.

Edit: Get the translator by clicking on "Special Features". Enter TK421 to unlock all the languages.

Carlos.

Congratulations on the win Carlos!

I have been entering all of the contests I can find and I have yet to win anything. My fiance entered one contest and one a TIVO. My friend entered one contest and won some photography lighting equipment. And here I am busting my butt and winning nothing. Oh well, the year is not over yet. :)