LCVG

Japanese PSOne games

Hey guys -

As you know, I'm in Japan right now. I'm knee-deep in used gaming goodness, and I'm looking for recommendations on PSOne titles worth keeping an eye out for.

I own a Japanese PSOne and have been scouring the stores for titles that look good - I've already picked up Vib-Ribbon for 750 yen and have snagged a couple of other fun games for bargain-basement prices. But I'm sure there are TONS of other games out there that I don't even know about.

So what are some Japanese games that you'd consider worth importing? I'm interested in any and everything. Text-intensive games are not necessarily a dealbreaker for me.

If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!!!

P.S. I may be opening a dangerous can of worms here, but I'm also toying with the idea of buying a used Japanese PS2... so if you have suggestions for Japanese PS2 games too, I'd be interested in hearing those too.

Thanks guys!

If you like fighting games, grab Tobal 2, Pocket Fighter if you like the Capcom games.

If you like odd games, grab Bishi Bashi, Ore no ryouri (cooking sim),

If you shmups, grab anything you find :)

If you like puzzlers, get Puyo Puyo Sun or Box, Mr.Driller G.

PM'ing you about something.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Brian, I love the weird Japanese games (part of the reason I'm considering buying the Japanese PS2 is for Kuma Uta, Vib Ripple, Mojib Ribbon, Yoshinoya, etc.)... I remember seeing Ore no Ryouri a long time ago but I'd forgotten about it. I'll definitely have to try to find that one. Bishi Bashi looks like fun too.