LCVG

Harry Potter Half Blood Prince ** No Spoilers Please **

I won a copy of the book from a trivia contest in a local paper. I did not want to fool with crowds on release night since I was working till midnight, so I picked mine up Saturday morning. I just finished it. All I can say is wow. I am stunned. :jaw

Without any spoilers ( unless you know how to do the blackout thingy ... ) I am curious to know :

If you have finished the book.... What did you think ? Did you have any guesses that were right about the plot/characters ?

I surprised myself on what I guessed right and wrong about. And if you are through with the book and want to talk about it, please PM me and we can discuss what we think. I don't want to spoil it for others who might not read as much/fast as some of us.

I'm 120 pages in and I have to agree that this is the best beginning of a Harry Potter book yet. I loved the beginning of the Philosopher's Stone (or Sorcerer's...) equally, though. But just because it was fresh and new, with the boy living in the cupboard etc.

Can't wait to get back home from work to read this book.

[snipped and moved to the spoilers thread]

Previously I said I was wrong about everything; what I was referring to was the identity of the Half-Blood Prince and the fate of the principal characters. I did manage to peg the love interests, although that was hardly a stretch with all the hints laid down throughout the series. I'm not sure what it says that the relationships were the only thing I got right, but I'm not happy about it. :)

We now have a Spoiler and Non Spoiler thread.

Thanks.

As for the identity of the Prince, I was right at one time then changed my mind, so technically I was wrong in that " my final answer " was the incorrect one. And with the romance interests, that did not need Einstein :tu Most people could see that coming a mile away.

Hmmph. I'm really not in that much of a rush to read this, as I've got the latest Neal Stephenson, Iain M. Banks and Francis Wheen books in my unread pile.

However, I've been informed that I'll be doing so asap, since Caz wants to discuss it (she started last night), and can't until I finish.

Still, I do like the series, honest.