LCVG

Comic-con game footage

rustyjaw

I learned from taking still shots of games last year that it's not a particularly good way to convey what a game is like, so this year I took some mpeg movies of the games I could (I was told not to take movies at some booths). These are from my Canon still camera, so the quality (and resolution) is lacking, but maybe you will find them interesting.

The developers of Death Jr. for the PSP were at the show, so I grabbed some footage of the game in action (this is off a screen hooked up to the PSP) - it looked really nice and fluid:

Death Jr. 14MB, 45 seconds.

I got some footage of a kid playing Sly 3, but I have no idea what the heck is going on...it looked like a lemonade drinking contest...:confused:

Sly 3 11MB, 45 seconds

Here's Jak X, Combat Racing, which looks VERY fun:

Jak X 9.5MB, 30 seconds

and another level

Jak X 14.5MB, 46 seconds

There was a 2-player game of Ratchet Deadlocked going on.

Ratchet Deadlocked 14.5MB, 46 seconds

A couple Star Wars games - Battlefront II (on two different screens)

Battlefront II 18.5MB, 57 seconds

and Empire at War (too much detail to capture with the camera)

Empire at War 19MB, 1 minute

There was a booth for the Chronicles of Narnia movie, they also had the game running.

Chronicles of Narnia 9MB, 30 seconds

And finally, there was a fun looking Nightmare Before Christmas game. I cannot remember the name of it, but I'm sure someone here knows:

Nightmare Before Christmas 19MB, 1 minute.

When I have time, I'll post some still shots of various non-game stuff in Controller Down.

And finally, there was a fun looking Nightmare Before Christmas game. I cannot remember the name of it, but I'm sure someone here knows:

That'd be 'Oogie's Revenge' if memory serves. That's a great video of it actually. The game looks so lovingly crafted. I love the chatacrer animation.

Thanks for these!

Daniel

Thanks, Ed!

Can't wait for Death, Jr.

Oogie's Revenge looks beautiful - they're going to have a lot of harsh critics on that game, though, what with the cultish following the movie has garnered in recent years amongst the spooky kids.

That'd be 'Oogie's Revenge' if memory serves.

That's it!

Can't wait for Death, Jr.

It's nice, it's one of the few games I was actually able to play (they were off to one end of the hall and no one was crowding their booth). The control is nice, a tad twitchy at first, but once you get used to it it's predictable. The green circle you see is a target that automatically aims if an enemy is in front of you.

The graphics are nicer than the video indicates.