Burnout Revenge

MrJames

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now hosted on the LCVG server as well for anyone wanting a mirror:

Revenge Trailer

Looks like I'll be waiting on the Xbox360 release then. I see no reason to bother buying the current gen release if this next gen version is in the works. I doubt EA will be officially saying anything until the current gen versions have been released or are already near release.

EA Confirms Burnout Revenge for Xbox 360 in 2006

Burnout Revenge and Black, due in February 2006, plus a 360 version of Burnout Revenge for 360 in 2006. Likely changes will include improved resolution, graphic detail, and other technical enhancements. We speculate that Criterion is also likely to add extra or different modes to distinguish the 360 version.

That Black is looking pretty special, too, by the way. If anyone hasn't heard about it yet, it's basically Criterion taking the "Bigger, Faster, More explosive" principle from Burnout 3 and applying it to an FPS. They've got a nice physics engine for Renderware, and now they really, really want some ragdolls to kick around, walls to explode in a shower of bricks and so on.

I missed out on Burnout 2 for the same reason Keith's missed 3; just as I actually came close to getting it, the sequel was nearly out and it seemed a silly idea. 3 is a pittance, though, so if you've got time to play it then dive in; it's absolutely amazing for the first 10 hours or so.

I missed out on Burnout 2 for the same reason Keith's missed 3; just as I actually came close to getting it, the sequel was nearly out and it seemed a silly idea.

Although it wouldn’t constitute as nearing another sequel that would be very close to release, a 2006 360 release of Revenge would still put it less than a year from what I would assume (knowing EA) is an inevitable annual Burnout update that could be expected toward the end of next year. I'm certainly not buying this one twice. It'll be a 360 purchase or a wait for the fifth version.

Daniel

I picked up the demo disc of Burnout Revenge and it :rock :rock :rock

- Only one level with no online but its loaded with ramps and side roads.

- You can now crash into traffic and run them into opponents.

- Crashbreakers are now available in races so when you crash you can take out others that may be around you.

Is it September yet?

• 1 month later...

I'm honestly a bit ho-hum on this from the demo. I thought the course design & graphics were improved, but I'm not sure I like driving through the traffic feeling like driving through a bunch of mosquitos. I guess I miss weaving my way around the traffic.

I'll probably give it a rent, & if I dig it then I'll pick it up for 360.