LCVG

Dell 2005FPW 20" LCD - $389

Ryan FB

How do I know if my video card can support that 1680x1050 resolution? Looking at the properties of my video card only shows what it supports with my current analog monitor. I have a DVI out so I'm good there but want to make sure my nVidia FX-5900 series card can fill up that big monitor.

How do I know if my video card can support that 1680x1050 resolution? Looking at the properties of my video card only shows what it supports with my current analog monitor. I have a DVI out so I'm good there but want to make sure my nVidia FX-5900 series card can fill up that big monitor.

It can Camp.

I ordered too -can't really afford it but I can't pass it up either. My ViewSonic is slowly dying on me. Thanks for posting this.

I'm assuming the monitor doesn't come with a DVI cable. Anyone know a really cheap place to get a 6' or 8' one?

Damn' date=' mine only comes out to 486.85.

What the hell. I inupted both codes too.[/quote']

I think they're valid until July 26th or something like 3000 redemptions, whichever comes first. One of the coupons might have been redeemed enough that they're no longer allowing it.

Yeah, I think the first coupon is applied automagically, but now it's 35% off instead of 40%. Total with both coups now comes to $426. Still a great price, but I may hold out for the original deal to resurface, as my 19" CRT is still going strong.

That flatscreen is dead sexy, though. I'm jealous... :drool

Well, after some annoying hassles with UPS (missed delivery yesterday, so I told them to hold it at the ship center for me to pick it up...went this morning to pick it up and they had sent it out for delivery again, so I had to go back home and wait for it to come lest the cycle repeat ad infinitum :mad: ), mine just got here and I've hooked it up. This thing is beautiful, and it really lends itself to my "5000 tabs open in one window" browsing style. Don't see any dead pixels either. Anyone who ordered one and hasn't gotten it yet, I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with your purchase. :tu

Edit: Now with bonus screenshot for Camp (click for large) of what a game with PSX era graphics looks like on this monitor. :P

psychonauts-highres-thumb.png

Edit: Now with bonus screenshot for Camp (click for large) of what a game with PSX era graphics looks like on this monitor.

:P

LOL!

I got mine yesterday. It is magnificent. I am having difficulty getting the brightness tamed. Using the nVidia brightness tests I can't see any difference between the monitor's max and minimum brightness settings. I may end up having my video card manage the brightness instead.

Speaking of video cards...seeing this beautiful monitor makes me want to upgrade my old 5900. It's managing typical PC functions just fine at this resolution but I'm afraid to even load up Half Life 2.

Speaking of video cards...seeing this beautiful monitor makes me want to upgrade my old 5900. It's managing typical PC functions just fine at this resolution but I'm afraid to even load up Half Life 2.

Yeah, now I don't feel quite as bad that I went ahead and upgraded to an X800 XL last month. Hopefully it will be able to push most games I play at the native resolution, even if it means turning off some of the flashy effects in some of them. I haven't fooled around with the brightness yet, but it's definitely brighter and clearer than my old CRT.

• 2 months later...

Bumping this because there haven't been good coupons for these in a while and Dell just came out with some.

Save 35% off DELL - Ultrasharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch Flat panel LCD Monitor: 8551H1LKN2GLW7

Save 30% off DELL - Ultrasharp 2001FP 20.1-inch Flat panel LCD Monitor: F09Q6K6G63M49K

These are combinable with this coupon: Save $60 off orders >$500 <$1000 purchased from the Dell Home Electronics and Accessories site: 82JMMHN1GRWXLZ

2001FP ends up $464 after coupons, 2005FPW ends up $394!

Only 1500 uses for each, so they might dry up quick. Another one would look so great on my desk... :drool