LCVG

I opened the camera box, guess what was inside

I opened my new Sony Cybershot digital camera. I was all excited. This is what I bought:

p200_front_blk.jpg

I removed the the camera from its foam covering.

:eh

The camera looked funny. It was the right size, but it is dark gray whereas the P200 is silver. The lense is on the far left and the tripod mount is on the right. See here:

m1-a.jpg

I look at the box and back at the camera. The camera says "Cybershot" on it and 7.2 megapixels, but something is not right.

At this point I'm thinking it is some sort of transforming camera that folds over and I can't figure it out. But assuming that, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how it could possible transform in a way that would create the camera pictured at the top of my post.

:eh

Then I looked at the FCC label, which said DSC-M1. Could this be a completely different camera, accidentally inserted into the wrong box at the Sony warehouse? My first thought was , "Maybe this is a more expensive, better camera and I lucked out. So I googled it. Turns out it is an MPEG-4 Video Camera!

m1_back_open.jpg

How annoying! Will circuit city even believe me?! They'll think I'm picking a switcharoo!