LCVG

Voltron the movie, and its going to be lions

JoeyN

• 1 year later...

For those intrested, I picked up the new Volume 1 of Voltron on DVD. The restoration done on them is fantastic all around. Since voltron was made from two Japanese shows they didnt have a film to restore. So they literally went back and got new film transfers of Hyaku Juu Hh Golien and Kiko Kantai Daidugger XV. They first restored the film and color corrected it. They then pieced every single voltron episode back together again piece by piece using the new film comparing it to the original airing. They have also thrown in 5.1 to boot. Sounds good. The LE metal collectors case is also very nice with the Blue Lion on the front. There will be 8 sets available over the next year.

If they just use the BLAZING SWORD right from the beginning, they won't have to bother with the first 95% of the movie.

Fuck, if they just form Voltron right away you'd lose about 95% of the movie. Why, oh why did they always try to fight those robeasts as the lions first? They always got their asses kicked before that. You would think that after a while they'd figure out a better strategy for these things.

And another thing... How long did it take them to actually form Voltron? Ninety seconds? Two minutes? If it took so damn long for them to assemble the might robot, why didn't any of these robeasts bother to, like, knock one of the lions out of the way so that they couldn't form the complete robot? "Ha ha! I've got your blue lion! No right leg for you Voltron!"

I guess Planet Doom is led by morons.

Ok this is gonna sound totally geeky

Im on disc two of the set. In the cartoon i forgot it wasnt till Episodes 4/5 we actually saw Voltron form up as one of the keys was missing. As for trying to stop Voltron before he formed. The first Robeast the Voltron force fought actually did stop them when they tried to fly into the air to form up, and then they tried again and were able to out run his blast .

In the next few episodes the reason they fought as lions was that one of the team members was missing. Sven got hurt, princess kidnapped, Pidge lost somewhere, etc...

It's the only way to defeat the giant creatures so why not use it right from the start?

Well, they have to form Voltron before they can use the Blazing Sword, right? Besides, it's always a good idea to soften up the robeasts before delivering the final blow. Haven't you ever played Mortal Kombat?

• 1 year later...

Boys (and girls) of the 80s, rejoice! On May 27 the original GoLion anime series is being released here in North America!

Here's an

on YouTube for it. (Apologies to those of you who liked Nanny.)

I've been slowly making my way through the Lion Force Voltron series via NetFlix for a while now. I just finished the episode "Lotor the King" on the Red Lion set. It's great fun to see these old cartoons again, but that trailer is right. Knowing what I know now, it does feel like something is missing. I'm very interested in seeing these unaltered episodes, but it will be jarring to not hear the American voices or to hear the classic Voltron theme.

Oh, and if you want to see more of what was altered or cut, here's a really good website that documents most of the major edits that were made for all the episodes. You can view some clips in the "Multimedia" page, but most of the best stuff is in the "Cut Pics" section.

• 1 year later...

Some updates on Voltron. First they have signed on a new director for the live action film. However the exciting thing is, the holders of the Voltron rights just announced a deal with an agency to get a new Animated Cable series started. Please lt it be good.

• 1 year later...