LCVG

I'd probably lose to this kid (and he's blind!)

That's a great story. I've always wondered how people missing the sense of hearing and/or sight get by with entertainment.

I saw a report years ago where they had a blind theater....it was basically an ear plug given to the blind person and while the movie was playing, there would be a voiceover describing the scene.....I guess if the person really wanted to hear the movie....

That's a really great story.

I saw a report years ago where they had a blind theater....it was basically an ear plug given to the blind person and while the movie was playing, there would be a voiceover describing the scene.....I guess if the person really wanted to hear the movie....

This is actually becoming quite common place technology, at least at cinemas over here in the UK. There's also an extension of the technology being implemented on television networks here. A lot more cinemas here are also offering select showings of films with digital subtitles for the heard of hearing.

Daniel

This is actually becoming quite common place technology' date=' at least at cinemas over here in the UK. There's also an extension of the technology being implemented on television networks here. A lot more cinemas here are also offering select showings of films with digital subtitles for the heard of hearing.

[/quote']

Yep, the AMC theaters here in KC all have both open & closed captioning for the hearing impaired, and descriptive service for the vision impaired. Pretty cool.