LCVG

Live tonight Thursday 7/29 Dead or Alive/Splinter Cell

Romier S

I was planning on hopping on Black Hawk Down a little later tonight, but I can move those plans until latert. Scott and I are wanting to get some Live gaming in tonight. If possible, I'd like to get a group together for Dead or Alive Ultimate tonight and some Splinter Cell deathmatch as well (we can try out the new map). I'd like to start early say at around 7:30pm EST tonight. Any interest?

I blame Romier for jumping offline as soon as I joined. Because as a result, I ended up doing optimatch. And have NEVER played someone who was so much better than me at a videogame. All of the people could chain together moves in such a way, as to prevent me from getting a single hit. I was shocked. It's like, if you know the timing and order of movies, you can keep hitting someone over and over and over until they are knocked out, without even giving them a chance to recover from being stunned.

Keith, I actually saw you jump on as soon as we were starting our match in Splinter Cell (at about 8:20). :( I actually commented about seeing you to Scott in fact. Apologies for missing you in the game! Clear your schedule on this Saturday if possible as I plan to throw up another DOA matchup then (along with a few old school Live games that I'd love to play again since my wife is at work all afternoon/evening).

It's like, if you know the timing and order of movies, you can keep hitting someone over and over and over until they are knocked out, without even giving them a chance to recover from being stunned.

Learning reversals is key. I used to be very good at doing them in DOA2 but I so rarely play the game anymore, I've fallen out of practice with the timing. You keep at it enough and you can telegraph combos and reverse a good deal of the time. DOA2 was much better in this regard as it took some skill to get these reversals off properly. Two even matched opponents could have a great back and forth contest using both thier reversals and thier main arsenals in fact. One reason I disliked DOA3 so much was because of the changes made to the reversal system. It was so ridiculously easy to pull one off it just became a counter-fest. Hopefully DOA4 harkens back to DOA2 in so far as the reversal system is concerned.