LCVG

New Gamepark GP2X-F100

splunk

http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT9112527929.html

gamepark_gpx2-f100.jpg

I saw this on /. This thing looks like it'd be killer for an emulator. I just wish the bottome didn't purtrude and that there was a directional pad. A HD would be nice but of course bump the price up a lot (don't know what it'll cost anyways), but it does use SD, and you can get 1gig cards for $60 now. I wonder what it'll cost, and when it'll street...

• 1 month later...

EDIT - If possible could a mod change the topic to show the new name, GP2X? Thanks.

Looks like they're gonna be shipping late next month! For $220 you can get one shipped 24-48hr UPS from Eurpoe, or about $205 for standard 7-14 day airmail (sig required).

http://www.gbax.com/

BTW, they're gonna be producing them in black. Here's the final design...I'm ordering one!

gp2xfinalsmaller.jpg

That's pretty cool. I'll keep an eye out on how it fares. I want a portable SNES dammit, and Nintendo/Square so far are unwilling to provide me with ports of stuff like Chrono Trigger & Dragon Quest V to play at work on the GBA or DS. :(

Then again, I dunno if I like the analog stick nub thingie. I would have preferred a good d-pad.

• 4 weeks later...
Then again, I dunno if I like the analog stick nub thingie. I would have preferred a good d-pad.
It's not analog, it's a directional joystick.

Also, they got a NeoGeo CD emulator ported over as well:

neogeo0zp4ts.th.jpg

Video (2.7MB) - seems like there's quite a bit of slowdown they might need to work on though. Not sure why they didn't go with a 400MHz ARM/XScale processor instead of two 200MHz processors, as it would probably be easier getting fullspeed emulation working, which seems to be the main selling point.

• 2 weeks later...