LCVG

Ghost Recon 2 Summit Strike

Just picked it up...

Red Storm video loads up - X - Please restart your Xbox.

Restart my 'box. Same thing.

On my 4th restart it decides to work. Looks like the dreaded Red X problem has reared its ugly head again. According to the official forums, it's a known problem and there will be a fix out this week or next.

One of Ubi's reps posted over at the IGN forum about a fix for the red X issue. Here is the post:

The Fix for the red X is to boot the game with the controller out of the slot. We don't know the reason for this error, and it wasn't picked up in testing at all. It something that occurred when the discs were produced. The fix is an easy one and shouldn't impact gameplay.

One of Ubi's reps posted over at the IGN forum about a fix for the red X issue. Here is the post:

I had to do that the first time I booted up.

GR2:SS is pretty intense. Too bad I spent most of the beginning watching the damn game because I still had Halo 2 mentality. Once I slowed it down I was able to last longer. Large co-op games were much better than I anticipated. The enemy AI is pretty tough, even on normal. Graphics and sound are excellent, though I'm not sure if they are an upgrade over GR2 since I haven't played that since Halo 2 came out. :o

• 4 months later...

and heres whats now available. Ill test it out later to see if it works on 360

1)A new map the woodsy Province.

2)Battle and Sand Mines maps from Ghost Recon 2

3)Three new Squad game types - Capture the Flag, Blind Siege, and Headhunter

4)Seven new weapons and the option to restrict the use of Lone Wolf and Launched Explosives. I guess people asked for this