LCVG

Metroid Prime 3 Revolution-Bound

JFo

I saw this over at IGN, and figured I'd post it for those interested. It's the first details of Retro Studio's third installment of the Metroid Prime series. Here are a few tasty tidbits for you:

Retro acknowledged that Metroid Prime 3 would bring the trilogy to an end. "The plot of Prime 3 is about closure, told against the backdrop of an epic struggle," Retro revealed.

The game will be enhanced by way of Nintendo's new controller for Revolution. "We plan on taking advantage of a number of new features in the Revolution, including the controller," the developer said.

The game will once again take place from a first-person perspective, and I imagine that it will switch to a third-person mode when switching to Morph Ball mode. Also, Kenji Yamamoto, who created the excellent and moody scores for the first two games will return to do this one as well.

It will certainly be interesting to see how the Revolution's mysterious controller will play a role in making this game different. The first two Prime games were almost identical in a lot of ways, and I'm hoping that this new adventure gives the series a fresh feel. We'll see soon enough I guess. Word is that it will be released sometime in 2006.