LCVG

Survivor: Guatemala

Carlucci

• 1 month later...

They got off to a great start last night. They didn't overhype the surprises this time, which was a relief.

Seeing the men physically breakdown was pretty shocking. It was amazing to me that an 11 mile hike through a south american jungle could take 24 hours. And the fact that they had to sleep through the night without shelter definitely indicated that perhaps this batch of survivors will have to endure far greater hardships than others.

Carlos.

That was a really good opening show. I really appreciated the lack of hype and gimmicks, just start the show off with the most brutal challenge in the history of the show, nice one.

I was also shocked by the way the men on the winning team fell apart, they are SO lucky to have a nurse on their team! Looks like it might be a more balanced contest this time too.

Yea i think bring Bobby john and steffanie back was a great idea... Seeing they became so popular last season being on the only tribe in Survivor history to never win an immunity challenge. I think it was also a smart idea to start off the show by having the most exhausting challenge ever.. This season is def going to be an interesting thing to watch.. Plus the fact that steffanie is back just makes this season much better to watch:)

All of our locals are pre-empting prime time programming in favor of round-the-clock coverage of the traffic gridlock in Houston.

Can someone please point me to a bittorrent (or whatever format) of tonight's survivor, so i can download and huddle the family around the PC monitor?

I would be most appreciative! We need a distraction from all the Hurricane coverage.

Carlos.

I'm actually glad she recognized him. I wonder if Team Burnett casted her just to ruffle the feathers of the QB's team.

This season looks the most exhausting' date=' but I'm still not too sure about the cast(they're the ones that make or break the season). So far, they just don't interest me.[/quote']

Your right.. Besides Steffanie there really isnt much to look at like previous seasons.. They casted all these strong guys, but there the weakest links(goodbye) so far... The challenges i think are great.. Seeing different challenges all together from previous years is a good, big step up for survivor.

I'm actually glad she recognized him. I wonder if Team Burnett casted her just to ruffle the feathers of the QB's team.

This season looks the most exhausting' date=' but I'm still not too sure about the cast(they're the ones that make or break the season). So far, they just don't interest me.[/quote']

In some ways, I agree, but I also think that very few seasons have true standout people early on. It's usually a few weeks in that the real fun starts. One obvious exception to that was Rupert who was fun to watch from the first episode on.

• 3 weeks later...

Thus far this show has some of the least memorable characters to date. There is no one that is stirring up trouble, having sex etc.

Also I'm really sick of CBS' promos prior to the show saying "Something you've never seen before on Survivor" and it just ends being something mundane.

Someone needs to get eaten by a gator or something! C'mon CBS!

This season started off great.. The last couple weeks however have been boring. More drama is what people watching reality for and these people have none..The switching of the tribes was a great idea, but puttin the 1 guy in a tribe with all girls is old and no one wants to watch it. Bad move in my opinion.

This season started off great.. The last couple weeks however have been boring. More drama is what people watching reality for and these people have none..The switching of the tribes was a great idea, but puttin the 1 guy in a tribe with all girls is old and no one wants to watch it. Bad move in my opinion.

The way you talk, it sounds like you think they planned who would end up on what team. IIRC it was based on the responses to the questions.

I still maintain that this season isn't very dissimilar to many previous ones, but all we remember is the second half when things start to get more intense. I mean, just look through previous season's casts, the people who don't get on the jury aren't even memorable.

We might get what we want.. From the preview of this weeks survivor, both tribes will have to attend tribal council.. Individual immunity is up for grabs. There looks like alot drama and entertainment:)..

Cbs said " Lets see if Gary(ex football pro) can surivive this week".. So i dont think he will be going home this week.

The way you talk' date=' it sounds like you think they planned who would end up on what team. IIRC it was based on the responses to the questions.

I still maintain that this season isn't very dissimilar to many previous ones, but all we remember is the second half when things start to get more intense. I mean, just look through previous season's casts, the people who don't get on the jury aren't even memorable.[/quote']

You were 100% right. Things ramped up last night. I went from rooting for Judd to having disdain for him. Game on now!

Interesting Preview for this weeks survivor from TvGuilde.. Episode -Suprise Enemy Visit. "When a tribe decides to visit the other tribes came, the castaways are leery of befriending enemies".. This is something different and has never happened on survivor yet.. Should be interesting how this plays out on tonights show.