LCVG

G4 TV line-up/hosts

Camp

I just caught a few moments of Attack of The Show and wondered where the other Kevin (aparently now former co-host) went. Has he been re-assigned within G4 or did he quit/get fired altogether?

I know there were two Kevin's co-hosting the show. The one still on the show is a likeable enough guy and I can see why producers would want him -he has a natural "TV personality" talent. The other Kevin was far less practiced and natural on TV but was a very knowledgable geek. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I thought "the other Kevin" (the one no longer on the show) was dating that annoying as all hell Sara from the show.

I will occassionally watch bits of X-Play and the other review show with Talerico but Attack of the Show seems to be skewing toward a younger (and dumber) audience -and I cannot stand watching Sara for more than a minute at a time.

BTW, where did Leo Laporte end up? -and that other techy guy who co-hosted Screen Savers for the last few months...damn...I forget his name but he, like the Kevin no longer on Attack of the Show, was another one of those hosts who wasn't quite comfortable on TV but was still interesting because he knew so much.

Ok a thread right up my alley. Heres what everyone is up to

Thisweekintech.com is a podcast with leo, patrick, kevin rose, yoshi, roger, prager, john C and many other past screen savers hosts. They are going to start doing it live as well as video tape it starting in Sept.

Kevin Rose quit G4 and started Revision 3 They do many video shows involving tech including Systm, The Broken and the newest one is Diggnation which is hosts with Alex A who was his co-host after the initial G4 switch. More stuff is rumored to be on the horizen. Kevin is also the creator of Digg.com which is much better then Slashdot

Yoshi and a few other guys do guest spots on From the Shadows. Its a cool show which goes behind the scenes of stuff you have always wanted to know

Leo is on Call for Help in Canada. They are trying to get it on a station in the US. You can download episodes at the CFH Tracker. Usually i wouldnt post a link to this, however the people at G4 mention it on there show all the time. Leo also does a radio show on KFI in LA every Sat and Sunday. However with the greateness of the net you can listen to it live on the stations site or you can download a podcast version as well. Dont have the address's near me at the moment.

Think that answers your questions. A few people related to Leos Call for help show do other side tech shows online and so forth. If intrested ill post links to those also.

As for "what went down," my suspicion is that the G4 people have a problem with anyone 1) over the age of twenty and 2) knowledgeable. For people like Leo, that's double-trouble.

In a way, I think TechTV/G4's changes kinda mirror those of television news. Early on you have people who were actual journalists and were knowledgeable about matters. Then people figured out that they could just hire a dummy to read the teleprompter. Find a dummy that tests well with a certain demographic or conveys your "attitude" and you're set.

This is all unfounded rumor and bile, however. I don't really know. I just know that I don't like G4 and I'm pissy because I'm hungry.

• 8 months later...

Well, fans of G4's Filter probably already know that Beth Ostrovsky, famed videogame journalist and Howard Stern's girlfriend, is the new Filter host.

They did mention that the new episodes won't air for a while. Don't worry about missing the debut, however! If they follow their usual "Rule of Threes" programming philosphy, G4 will film 3 episodes, show them 3 times a day, for 3 years, to 3 people.

I still think Morgan Webb is hot. If they could just rid of that annoying Adam Sessler guy. He really grates on my nerves.

Seriously, though, I loved TechTV. The Screensavers was my favorite show on there with Leo and Patrick before they started dumbing it down. When I started watching it you got some pretty advanced stuff on there, and Call for Help was reserved more for simpler questions. After awhile though, they started dumbing down the whole channel. Also used to like that show with Sumi Das...can't remember the name.

Fresh Gear.

Sumi Das is HOT. I've heard she is now a field reporter for WGN news.

I still think Morgan Webb is hot. If they could just rid of that annoying Adam Sessler guy. He really grates on my nerves.

Agreed about Morgan. I've noticed she has a regular page or two in one of those men's magazines (Maxim, FHM, Cosmo-for-men :) ). She really needs to fire the photographer for that section...he really makes her look bad.

On the other hand, I think Adam Sessler is a riot. His dorkiness is exactly what made TechTV so much fun (a fact the G4 people can't seem to grasp). Even better, Adam has some strong feelings about some game genres (Japanese RPG', for example) and isn't afraid to rant against them. It's rare to find any part of the media willing to put their opinion on the line.

There is a new female host on Attack of the Show who was definatly hired for the eye candy factor. And you can see a lot of Morgan next month as G4 is doing E3 coverage every night of the event for 3 hours a night, and morgan, adam , and the idiot Kevin P will be hosting

When I had the chance to add G4 to my programming for the first time last summer, I was excited. Even in that short amount of time, my interest really waned. G4 seems to be run by the same people who do MTV and Spike TV. It's terrible. I don't even understand what Star Trek re-runs and those stupid racing shows are doing on that channel. I caught on that Call for Help was on very early in the morning and enjoyed watching that. But the rest of the programming on a whole pretty much gets a "blah" reaction from me. As for hot hosts... I do like Kristen Holt, although she doesn't really seem to have natural TV host/star abilities. She, like Morgan Webb, is a little too wooden.

I also agree with ICamp about Adam Sessler. He is a dork and he completely plays up to that as a strength. I don't think Morgan is a good pairing, chemistry-wise, however. He needs someone who's more visually reactive and actually has a SENSE of humor. She is so dry, it doesn't work because he's as deadpan as they come.