LCVG

DVD Round up 8/14-8/20 - Take a Trip to Sin City

JoeyN

Well one of my most anticipated DVD releases is this week. Sin City with 4 different collector covers. There is a SE coming out later in the year but im not waiting for this one

BESTBUY

Sin City with Free Comic Low Price

Simpsons S6 Low Price

South Park S2 $29.99

Aqua Teen Hunger Force $24.99

Family Guy S1 $37.99

Family Guy S3 $37.99

Hostage $16.99

Reservoir Dogs $8.99

Once Upon a Time In Mexico $8.99

Pulp Fiction $12.99

Kill Bill V2 $12.99

Tears of the Sun Directors Cut $14.99

David Chappelle Live $14.99

Mambo Kings $14.99

The Wedding Date $19.99

Pom Poko $19.99

The Office S1 $19.99

Little Britain $23.99

Andy Griffith S3 $29.99

Will and Grace S4 $33.99

Undeclared S1 $33.99

$9.99

Joe Dirt

SNL Will Ferrell

Live by the Rule of Rock- Fragile Rock

Selena

Over the Top

Gotti

Neverending Story

Fire in the Sky

Charlottes Web

KIDS

The Doors

Ice Pirates

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles

Boondock Saints

Rocky Horror Picture Show

The Sandlot

Welcome back kotter

$19.99

Guess Who

Kung Foo Hustle

Oceans Twelve

Be Cool

Hotel Rwanda

Man of the House

The Phantom of the Opera

The Notebook

CIRCUIT CITY

Sin City Low Price (Free Lithograph Set in store only)

Simpsons S6 Low Price

Save $10 when you buy any other Simpsons Season

Simpsons S5 $29.99

The Wedding Date $19.99

David Chappelle Live $12.99

$17.99

Alexander DC

XXX State of the Union

Constantine

Million Dollar Baby

Guess Who

Diary of a Old Black Women

$7.49

Forrest Gump

Die Hard 3

Die Hard 2

Die Hard

Untouchables

Minority Report

Last of the Mohicans

Exorcist

13th Warrior

Radio

Donnie Brasko

Contract Killer

Fargo

Raging Bull

Big Lebowski

Sandlot

Jurassic Park

Waterboy

Princess Diary

TARGET

Sin City Low Price

The office s1 $19.99

Wedding Date Low Price

Will and Grace S4 $34.99 ($5 gift card)

Andy Griffith S3 $29.99

Simpsons S6 Low Price

Chappelle Live $12.99

I love Lucy S5 $39.99

DVD 2 Packs

Kill Bill V1 and V2 $17.99

Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction $17.99

Simpsons S1 $24.99

Simpsons S5 $29.99

Chappelles Show S1 $17.99

Chappelles Show S2 $21.99

$10

Raise your Voice

Annie

Bourne Supremecy

Troy

Has anyone else seen this sketch comedy show? BBC America is running a marathon right now and some of what I saw is very funny. The show's narrator is Tom Baker, aka the fourth Doctor Who.

Seen all of it. It swings between being very very funny & very very average. When it works, it's incredibly well done - a lot of quotes from it are running jokes between my wife & I. BBC America have been repeating it endlessly for the past six months or so and I'm a little burned out on it to be honest.

Netflix for Sin City, I'll wait for the Royale with Cheese version for the buy. It'll be a long wait though I'm sure. Nothing esle this week, just loaded up on Superbits last Friday.

Oh yeah, all Superbits are still $9.99 at Best Buy. Some of the ones at mine were mismarked higher, but they all rang up at $10. YMMV but worth a look for sure.

Seen all of it. It swings between being very very funny & very very average. When it works, it's incredibly well done - a lot of quotes from it are running jokes between my wife & I. BBC America have been repeating it endlessly for the past six months or so and I'm a little burned out on it to be honest.

I'm pretty much the same. Sadly BBC Three over here is essentially The Little Britain channel and I can’t stand seeing it everywhere, hearing people do bad impersonations of the characters left, right and centre...etc. There's so much repetition which doesn't appeal to me here (yet worked well for The Fast Show). Still, the Scottish hotel keeper always makes me giggle. "Carrot cake, carrot cake... Have yee any nuts?"

They've actually just recently gone and finally released Rock Profile on DVD here, the Lucas/Walliams project I find to be far, far more rewarding. A Fair bit has been cut (all the music video segments mainly) due to rights issues. What I miss in those being cut are the vox pops ‘rock facts’ segments, which honestly could have been added to the release on their own. Still, it's an above average two-disc set and the Blur interview never ceases to make me laugh.

"I go up the apples and pears stairs, sit on the apple and pears chairs, and get an autograph from apples and pears Lionel Blairs'- Matt Lucas as Damon Albarn trying to prove his cockney roots.

Also the one where they play Shirley Bassey and Tom Jones is hilarious, especially Lucas' Shirley Bassey singing every song to the melody of Diamonds are Forever.

Daniel

heads up to Canadian consumers, future shop has a couple 6-packs on for a good price right now.

the collections are

comedy : dude where's my car, office space, super troopers, shallow hal, freddie got fingered, and kung-pow

chick flick :THE BANGER SISTERS, EVER AFTER, MOULIN ROUGE, SAY ANYTHING, SOMEONE LIKE YOU, and WHERE THE HEART IS

family fun pack: DOLITTLE, DR. DOLITTLE 2, BIG, MRS. DOUBTFIRE, and THE MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER

all for 29.99. as well they have some new 2-packs for 12.99.

Bestbuy has the same packs, but they're 59.99 for the 6-packs (still not a bad deal) and 17.99 for the 2-packs.

almost wanted to start a new thread so this deal got a bit more exposure, make sure to let your fellow canadians know of this buried post when you see it.