LCVG

The 360 specs are out - which SKU are you buying?

Ricky G

Which Xbox 360 version will be yours?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which Xbox 360 version will be yours?

• $399 Premium Edition (inc HD, wireless controller, headset, media remote)
    • $299 Core Edition (inc wired controller)
    • None. Saving my dough for the PS3
    • Waiting for the price of fuel to fall before I take the plunge
    • Waiting for the price drop when the PS3 hits store shelves
    • None. My media rack is full and I'm not getting rid of my SNES

Premium edition for sure. I was expecting ~350$ price tag, so it's a no brainer for me. Comes with everything I'd buy separately anyways, so it's cheaper overall.

diito me to much more cost effective

same reason I went with 20gig ipod insted of the 4 gig for 50 dollars more

I've voted 'none' because at this point, I haven't seen anything bar PGR3 that makes me desperate to get a Xbox360 this Christmas. There are other games on it I want to play, yes, but not enough to entice over $500 out of my wallet any time soon.

That will change next year no doubt.

I voted for the "my media rack is full and I'm not getting rid of my SNES".

Funny because I just moved my wireless router over on top of the Xbox and put the SNES there instead :D

I'm not buying a next-gen system for a while, I might get the Revolution if it launches cheap enough. I'm in it for the games - I'm not seeing anything of note for the launch but FPS and racing games (and Kameo). I'm not spending $400 for a machine to play Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (I haven't even got around to playing Morrowind). Still, the launch titles aren't bad, I remember the PS2 launch titles (shudder).

Right now Gears of War is the only title that I've got to have, and since it's not a launch title, I can wait.

I voted for waiting for the PS3 to launch, and hope for an 360 price drop and the Phantom Halo3 game to surface. (note: not affliated with the Phantom Console)

It would be kickass if, when the PS3 streets, MS comes out with a Halo 3 bundle pack, including a limited edition Halo 3 faceplate or something. That would suit me just fine.

Carlos.

Premium, with Oblivion and PGR3 being the most appealing titles for me at the moment. It's still up in the air whether or not I will cancel my pre-order before launch though........knowing me, probably not, but then, the only consoles I have purchased at launch in the last ten years have been the Dreamcast and the Gamecube so it really depends on just how good the 360s launch line up turns out to be and what the games are going to set me back in addition to the ?280 they expect me to cough up for the premium package.

Daniel

Voted none. There's nothing really interesting for me at launch (although Elder Scrolls and PGR3 might be able to win me over, although I will probably get ES for my PC), and I've learned from experience that I hate having spent a ton of money on a system and not being able to buy any games for it. I'm sure I'll probably buy a 360 down the line, but it might even be well after the PS3 launch.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a Premium pre-ordered but I canceled it because I don't know if I'm going to have a job by the time it comes out. I have too many bills to pay and too many other games to get out of the way.

When I did have it pre-ordered, I also put money down on Elder Scrolls IV, DOA4, and Quake 4. Those are still the games I'm the most interested in. But quite frankly Elder Scrolls IV can wait. I haven't even beat Diablo II yet.

I also have a remote interest in Rumble Roses XX, Prey, Gears of War, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter This Title Is Too Long, and some other FPS I forget the name of... Halo 3 or something...

None. The orginal Xbox had not a single good exclusive game, and things don't look to be any different with the 360.

It is rumoured, though, that Bio Shock may make it to they system. If MS can procure titles like that, then I'll reconsider buying one.

None. The orginal Xbox had not a single good exclusive game, and things don't look to be any different with the 360.

Hmmm. Halo and PGR come immediately to mind, as does Abe's Odyssey.

Perfect Dark, Kameo, PGR3 and DOA4 seem like they might be pretty good. Saying you won't buy the system is fine. Saying that there are no games that interest you would be fine too.

But saying there are no good games PERIOD tells me either of two things. You are a fanboy of the PS2 or Nintendo, or you can't afford the 360.

Abe's Odyssey was a big disappointment, while Halo is an average FPS, one that absolutely pales when compared to something like Half-Life 2.

I judge a console by its games, so I'm certainly a fan of the Gamecube and PS2 because they actually have games I enjoy. I can afford to buy a 360 for every room in my house and another one for each of my pets. Your insult was quite unecessary and ill-informed.

It's rather dense to not realize someone saying something "isn't good" is tantamount to saying "this doesn't interest me." Do you require an IMHO with every contrary statement of opinion so you don't get confused?

Call me dense - whatever. The quote above does not, by any stretch of the imagination, imply that Xbox games are simply not your cup of tea. It comes across as just another in a long line of anti-Microsoft statements.

The PS2, Cube, PSP and DS have games I actually enjoy too. I own 'em and love 'em all. I can't fathom how at the release of any video game system the statement can be made that there are NO good games.

I'm looking forward to playing the new 360 games, and I apologize if I misinterpreted you. If you want to be understood clearly on a message board, you should type more accurately what you are trying to say, and not have the rest of us attempt to interpret what you actually mean.