LCVG

Nhl 2k6

James T

Anyone have a chance to try this out yet? I got it on Friday for Xbox. I would have preferred the PS2 version, since my Xbox is dying :(, but every store near me never got it yet.

So, if I can eliminate the game freezing and the slowdowns that my Xbox is causing, I think it's another solid game. The Enforcer feature is really neat to play with as you can intimidate other people and watch their stats drop. I'm also a fan of the chemistry feature.

I didn't like the fact that I spent a whole night updating the rosters of EVERY single team to at least make them 99% current. That was totally unacceptable. It's also a shame that Sydney Crosby isn't in the game, but as I hear it, he can't be in an NHL videogame until he's played at least one NHL game himself, as per the NHLPA

The new rules are in place and it does make my game move a lot quicker with less faceoffs. It's also nice(assuming it was purposely done) that goalies sometimes come out of their designated area and get a delay of game call.

I was a little disappointed in the visuals, players all looked pretty generic, no goalie masks painted like they are for real, etc. The game played great though, the goalie animations were the best I've ever seen, haven't updated the rosters yet, was hoping for a Live roster update to do it for me.

Some of the roster stuff makes no sense, how can they still have Hatcher, Whitney, and McCarty on the Wings when they were bought out more than a month ago? Loved the new announcers though, Bob Cole and Harry Neale give it that Hockey Night in Canada feel.

In Canada we even get Sundin on the cover instead of Turco.

It's also a shame that Sydney Crosby isn't in the game, but as I hear it, he can't be in an NHL videogame until he's played at least one NHL game himself, as per the NHLPA

That is the case, I'm sure they've got him and any other Rookies expected to play right away ready to go though. We'll probably get a big roster update soon after the puck drops.

Are they as leaf-biased as in real life?

Can't really blame them as they practically only work Leaf games unless its the playoffs and the Leafs are out of it (which is usually pretty quick). I'm sure that part of it is that they know their audience is going to primarily be Leaf fans (especially when playing a US team), and in that regard they aren't much different than local team announcers on radio and local TV.

Oh, the game I haven't played yet. Was gonna buy it the other day but got MotoGP 3 instead. Got a rental copy though, so we'll give it a go soon.

How does that work? I logged on and d/l it, but when I checked my roster(offline) nothing changed. I haven't played online, so I'm not sure if that changed.

In any case, I updated my roster manually, but I'm sure I missed out on a few players since it was last week(and probably missed a few then too)

How does that work? I logged on and d/l it' date=' but when I checked my roster(offline) nothing changed. I haven't played online, so I'm not sure if that changed.

In any case, I updated my roster manually, but I'm sure I missed out on a few players since it was last week(and probably missed a few then too)[/quote']

Seems to be mixed signals as to wether the updates are good for online as well as offline.

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=87117

EDIT: Seems the update doesn't work offline with the xbox but does with the PS2 ver. not sure if it's a bug or what, hope they fix it soon.