LCVG

Sonic the Hedgehog...speeds his way to next generation consoles!

Romier S

This news surfaced during the forum downtime, but I thought it would be a good idea to bring some information on the new game along with the some very high resolution shots to LCVG members. You can read more here:

Currently using the codename, "Sonic the Hedgehog," the new polygon-pushing platformer was announced as a re-imagining of the franchise with its inspiration being drawn from the original series. As always, Sonic guru Yuji Naka will be heading up the brand new project with special assistance by original series character designer Naoto Ohshima.

"Sonic The Hedgehog represents the most recognizable example of classic SEGA properties that we will recreate for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360," said Naoya Tsurumi, CEO of SEGA of America, Inc. and SEGA Europe Ltd. "When Sonic The Hedgehog debuted on the SEGA Genesis in 1991, he reinvented the action-platform genre with speed and attitude. By harnessing the power of these new platforms, we are confident that Sonic will once again raise the bar for action gaming in 2006 and beyond."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/649/649645p1.html

[ATTACH]106[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]107[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]108[/ATTACH]

Here are some new screenshots of the next-gen Sonic the Hedgehog. Hopefully they will go back to making good Sonic games. I don't want to play as some stupid fat cat or any other stupid character that isn't a blue hedgehod named Sonic. Also I think that this game could use some really sweet blur effects.

[ATTACH]216[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]217[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]218[/ATTACH]

The gameplay vid seems odd. By Sonic standards it looks pretty slow, yet you'd think it was the fastest game in the universe based on the gratuitous motion blur. Other than the physics that can be seen when the brick walls are smashed, seems like Sonic As Usual. I've enjoyed the direction the series started in with SA1 on the DC, but the approach also has its fair share of critics.

• 1 year later...