LCVG

New Resident Evil DS screenshots...

Romier S

I'm not sure if folks have heard that a reworked Resident Evil game is coming to the Nintendo DS. It will be a port of the original RE game for the PSX but with some major changes done to accomodate the DS's unique control capabilities. Here are some screenshots of the game that I found:

[ATTACH]124[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]125[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]126[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]127[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]128[/ATTACH]

I read a couple of weeks ago, from a magazine those shots came from, that blood will stick to the screen and the player will need to clean it (you'll notice an example of this in the second image above). This is either an inspired choice or one that will drive gamers mad when faced with situations where multiple enemies are coming at them at once.

Still, it's a let down to see what seems to be a retread of the first game again. A DS exclusive story would have been terrific.

Daniel

Still, it's a let down to see what seems to be a retread of the first game again. A DS exclusive story would have been terrific.

Bingo. You've hit my problem right on the noggin', Dan. How many times am I gonna pay for the first Resident Evil game? Would it kill CapCom to use a little friggin' creativity in the settings and story?

Even the GB got that lame cruise ship story. I really have no intention of playing this one unless it innovates far beyond what I'm expecting at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Resident Evil: Deady Silence Trailer

(Click ENTER, then MOVIE in bottom right, then the LEFT selection).

There are some interesting uses of the DS's capabilities with first person knife fights and other new features, but Im just not that excited about playing this 10-year old game again. Did it on PS1 and loved it on Gamecube. I think Im done now.

• 1 month later...

So now we've got all these versions of the same game:

Resident Evil (original big box version)

Resident Evil: Director's Cut

Resident Evil: Gamecube remake

Resident Evil: DS remake

Am I missing any? Are people actually buying that many versions of RE1? I'm pretty sure this will be the precursor to a new, original RE for the DS. I seem to remember the RE remake for the cube being a "test" for RE4.

...like the CPR thing I assuming you breathin in to the mic or something?

That's right. You just blow into the mic, ala Yoshi Touch & Go. It's nice they've implemented a few ideas like this, and I agree it could be a testing ground with a view to doing a dedicated DS title in the series for the future which I would welcome with open arms. Until then, it's probably not going to be enough for me to part money with until Deadly Silence can be found really cheap.