LCVG

Guy plays 2player Ikaruga with both hands

GreenMonkey

I think this video has been posted before here, but I don't think we had a working link to the video that showed the guys hands as he played.

One video that I know hasn't been posted here is this one. It's a video of a guy playing Ikaruga on Hard without losing a single life. As amazing as the video in Green Monkey's post is, I'm more amazed by how the individual in this one cheats certain death in this game with almost ridiculous ease. Anyone who thinks they're hot shit when it comes to gaming ought to take a look at this video and be humbled.

As much as I like Ikaruga, it's impossible for me to get past level 3. Using all my continues. My physical and mental limitations are exploited when I play that game and there's just far too much crap going on in that game for me to even play it for more than 15 minutes at a time without feeling like I'm going to have a seizure, and on top of that I have to switch polarities on my ship to avoid getting killed too.

I can't see how someone can play that game with two controllers OR straight through without dying.

As much as I like Ikaruga' date=' it's impossible for me to get past level 3. Using all my continues. My physical and mental limitations are exploited when I play that game and there's just far too much crap going on in that game for me to even play it for more than 15 minutes at a time without feeling like I'm going to have a seizure, and on top of that I have to switch polarities on my ship to avoid getting killed too.

I can't see how someone can play that game with two controllers OR straight through without dying.[/quote']

Me too. I have a...ahem...import..ahem...copy of Ikaruga for Dreamcast, and holy shit did it own me. I could barely clear level 2 after 2 hours of trying. I haven't played it a lot (I haven't played anything alot) but it's frickin hard.

I thought it was cool to watch him switch hands around and stuff. :D