LCVG

Fall TV Shows....

Carlucci

Joey, I know you plan on writing up a list of new show, and I don't mean to step on your toes, but I want to get this info out now...

I checked out "Supernatural" on the WB, and it really surpassed my expectations. The show is very creepy and downright scary at times. You can see a very brief teaser for it here: http://supernatural.warnerbros.com/

It follows two ghostbusting brothers on the trail of their father, looking for answers into the bizarre death of their mother. Upcoming episodes will deal with popular ghost-story folklore like Hook Man and Bloody Mary.

There will be an encore presentation tonight at 9/8c. I believe all the major networks will pre-empt programming at this time for the POTUS' speech, so this would be a great time to catch the show.

Carlos.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not like "Bones" much either. I'll stick around for one more week then drop it if it doesn't get better.

I fell asleep last night during "Head Cases", so there's not much hope for me watching that one again, but my wife thought it was okay, and it seems to be getting okay reviews.

Carlos.

I typed up some of my preview but most of the show started already :D

I taped Supernatural , but havent watched yet. I have heard good things about it. It was actually one of my "Must tune in to see " picks. For those intrested in the other picks i had , they were Threshold, Invasion and Reunion (which is not on this week due to the presidents speech)

capt

I thought Reunion was pretty good. The acting was pretty bad but the eye-candy made up for it. The story is intriguing, so I'll keep watching for a while.

I plan on giving Threshold a chance, too. Sounds like it could be good. It's really good that sci-fi/paranormal shows are coming back.

Did anyone catch the season premier of The Simpsons? Man, it was the suckiest suck that ever sucked.

Carlos.

I had the Supernatural pilot a few months ago, and thought about capturing it and posting it on the forum. But I didnt get around to it, and didnt think most would care that much to download it and watch it.

Glad everyone likes it so far! :)

Everybody Hates Chris is also very, very funny.

I'm behind on "Over There" too, but I do intend to catch up at some point.

I just watched Threshold from last night, and I'm instantly hooked. This show has a lot of potential, and they got it started really well.

Yet another season pass for me! Either I'm getting way too easy to please, or these networks are putting together some pretty good Sci-fi shows.

It doesn't hurt that I am extremely attracted to Molly (Carla Gugino), but the eye-candy factor is a distant second to the great storyline.

Great cast, great plot. Primetime Sci-Fi is Back! Check it out and I think you'll agree.

Carlos.

Finally watched Supernatural. Damn that first episode was creepy. Cant wait for the next episode. Its also good to note the show got very good ratings for the WB in that time period.

Threshold i havent watched yet. Ill get to that tommorow. however i read that it didnt do so hot in the ratings department. The thing said it got beat by Dateline and a L&O SVU repeat. Have networks not learned by now that Friday is a Hell Hole for television. The only show to survive there in the last 15 years was X-files.

capt

I barely made it through Threshold last night. I seriously doubt it will last.

Can't agree. I couldn't believe that it had been two hours when it ended. The premiere finished in second place in the ratings, which isn't bad for a Friday night.

Carla Gugino brings the pretty, and the supporting characters are all interesting. Love the concept of bio-forming...

"Is that my underwear you're holding?" :lmfao Ramsey's my kind of guy. :)

molly.jpg

:drool

Tonight is the premiere of "Surface" on NBC. I'm not sure if I'll watch or not. I don't have high expectations for this one.

Also tonight is "How I met your Mother". Alyson Hannigan (Willow). 'nuff said!

Also tonight is the Season Premier of Arrested Development.

Carlos.