LCVG

Tourist Trophy Discussion

Romier S

Here is the link:

Polyphony working on new Motorcycle game

The next game from the people who make Gran Turismo won't be a Gran Turismo game. Polyphony Digital has announced its oft-rumored motorcycle simulator. Titled Tourist Trophy: The Real Riding Simulator, this PS2 title promises to do to two wheels what Gran Turismo did to four.

On the eve of the Tokyo Game Show, Tourist Trophy has been unveiled on the pages of Famitsu magazine. Polyphony seems to be going all out with this one, with a collection of bikes from big bike makers like Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Honda. The developer is even including real life suits and helmets.

While we're not sure how many bikes will feature in the game, Famitsu provides a partial list. Here's some of what you can expect to ride in Polyphony's first motorbike game:

Honda CBR600RR

Honda NSR250R SE

Honda CB750F

Honda CBR1100XX

Yamaha YZF R-1

Yamaha MT 01

Yamaha TZR 250 SPR

Yamaha Grand Majesty 250

Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R

Suzuki GSX1400

Suzuki Hayabusa

Suzuki GSX-R600

The final selection will include a small number of motorcycles from the 80s, although 70% will be from the 90s to the present. Although the above makers are all Japanese, the final game will feature European bikes as well.

There are a few more details at that link. It should be interesting to see what they do with this.

The game will make use of the PS2's analogue face buttons to determine throttle and breaking, which is similar to what Polyphony did with GT, only here on-screen displays will show exactly how hard you're pressing the buttons.

Please Sony, release a controller with triggers for the PS3! Analog buttons just don't cut it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Picked this up this week and I think I may be a convert to the sportsbike. The sense of speed is ridiculous in this game, although with just handle bars in front of me I don't think i could ever do it in real life.

there's a clip on youtube to give an idea of the speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OMSRuh8SnM&search=tourist

Any of you guys get the game this week too?

I had thought about it, but with the lack of online play, only 4 riders (including yourself) on the track at a time and the good ole GT A.I. I think I'll be passing. Of course I said the same thing about GT4 and I wound up buying it, so we'll see. The only reason I want it is to ride the Yamaha R6, but then again I can do that in real life :)

buck, that bike is gorgeous man, unreal. I can only get to give a bike like that a ride in the game. I had thought about the online play as well, but i've always loved motorcycles and this looks like the best game out, so i went with it.

how fast can that r6 go? looks like it could fly

buck' date=' that bike is gorgeous man, unreal. I can only get to give a bike like that a ride in the game. I had thought about the online play as well, but i've always loved motorcycles and this looks like the best game out, so i went with it.

how fast can that r6 go? looks like it could fly[/quote']

Thanks for the compliments, Ron :)

As far as how fast it is, it does 0-100 in a shade under 8 seconds and tops out at around 165mph. It's definitely a blast to ride :tu