LCVG

Xbox 360 Reserve Thread- What are you getting at launch?

JoeyN

This thread is for those who have or will be reserving your 360 with games for launch, or just buying it at launch. Just intrested in seeing what people are going to buy, without being mixed in to the main thread with those who are not getting it. I also want to see which Live games get the most reserves so i can schedule some Launch week game nights :tu

Reserved Already- Most thanks to EB trade in deals

360 System

DOA4

COD2

PD0

PGR3

Ridge Racer 6

May Reserve with left over credit

Kameo- If it has that rumored online co-op

NHL2k6, Top Spin 2 or Madden 06

I'll be standing in line at Best Buy for the hardware. The games I plan on getting are as follows:

Definites:

Call of Duty 2 - Paid for

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

Project Gotham Racing 3 - Paid for

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - Paid for

Possibles:

Tiger Woods 06 - Same game as current gen with only six courses.

Perfect Dark Zero - Waiting for some hands-on impressions

Kameo - Looking better

The Outfit - Looks like it could be a lot of fun

I have no problem with some of these getting delayed or listed as "launch window." There will be plenty of games keeping me busy.

Oblivion above anything else if it makes day and date launch. I won't even buy a second game more than likely if it does since it will no doubt keep me playing for a good while. Though I do like variety. So if I do purchase a second game it will be one of these:

Condemned (current leader of the pack)

Call of Duty 2

Dead or Alive 4

I have no other interests personally in buying 6-8 titles that will sit there and not get the attention they deserve from me. Once I've gotten my frill of the above (and picked up the above) I'll be picking up Project Gotham Racing, Kameo, and maybe Ghost Recon 3 down the line.

Here's mine:

Current Pre-Orders:

(GS) Xbox 360 Premium Pack

(EB) Kameo: Elements of Power

(EB) Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

(GS) Call of Duty 2 (Possible CE Available)

(GS) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Possible CE available)

(EB) Perfect Dark 0: Limited Edition

(EB) Dead or Alive 4

(EB) Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Possible CE available)

(GS) Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 06

(GS) Madden NFL 06

Incomplete Pre-Orders:

(EB) Project Gotham 3

(GS) Quake IV (Possible CE available)

Pending Pre-Orders:

Ridge Racer 6

NHL 2K6

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Possible CE available)

Condemned: Criminal Origins

NBA Live 06

NBA 2K6

Possible Pre-Orders:

Top Spin 2

Amped 3

Gun

Saint's Row

FIFA 06

I'll be in line somewhere for a midnight launch. Must have launch titles for me are:

Must have launch titles:

*Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

*PGR3

Must have post launch titles:

*Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

*Gears Of War

*Top Spin 2

Waiting for hands on impressions of the following:

*Perfect Dark Zero

*Condemned: Criminal Origins

*Saints Row

*Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06

*Amped 3

Announced games that have TBD release dates that I am looking forward to:

*Halo 3 (duh)

*Forza 2

*Burnout

*Resident Evil 5 (rumored to be a 2008 release)

*Splinter Cell 4

Other things I'd like to see for 360:

*A hardcore racing sim with kickass multiplayer: Sorry kids but Forza and Gran Turismo are not what I'm talking about here. Its about time someone made a hardcore racing sim like we PC gamers have been playing for years. Recent examples of excellent racing sims are GTR: Fia GT Racing, GT Legends, and rFactor. My only reason for wanting a racing sim on 360 is because of XBL. A good racing sim + XBL and I'd be one happy camper. I realize this is a complete pipe dream and probably will never happen (not enough money to be made I would guess) but alas its what I want damnit. :) This of course leads me to my next most wanted Xbox 360 item....

*Support for GOOD force feedback wheels!!! Microsoft really dropped the ball with absolutely shitty wheel support for the Xbox. I am hoping that since the 360 has USB ports that they will finally support some excellent wheels. If my MOMO Force wheel doesn't work on it I'm going to visit Microsoft headquarters and start threatening people.

*A next gen Rainbow Six title that isn't watered down for the masses. Lets get this series back to where it belongs with more focus on realism and less focus on making the game fun for the action FPS fans.

*A next gen Links golf game. Has anything been announced in regards to the status of this series? I only see Tiger Woods as the lone 360 golf game. I'm not a fan of the previous arcadey "400yard drives" "look ma I just shot a -20" tiger games. I need something a little more challenging and with kickass XBL support.

I'll be picking up PGR 3, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, & Kameo for sure. I'm interested in but am waiting for more impressions of:

PD0, NFS: Most Wanted, Condemned (is this a launch title?)

*Support for GOOD force feedback wheels!!! Microsoft really dropped the ball with absolutely shitty wheel support for the Xbox. I am hoping that since the 360 has USB ports that they will finally support some excellent wheels. If my MOMO Force wheel doesn't work on it I'm going to visit Microsoft headquarters and start threatening people.
Unfortunately, the 360 (and PGR 3) are not going to support FF at launch, but they are saying that it will sometime after launch. (could be forever or never, but that's all they've said so far)

Already Reserved:

System -paid in full

Extra Wireless Controller - paid in full

Quake 4 - paid in full

Perfect Dark Zero (standard) - paid in full

PGR 3 - paid in full

Kameo - paid in full

Dead or Alive 4 - maybe. - $5 lock in deposit

Condemmed - $5 lock in deposit

The Darkness - Could be. The trailor looks interesting, but I still have no idea what the heck this game is? Okay, now that I read it's being developed by Starbreeze (of Escape from Butcher Bay) the curious meter has gone up significantly

If Oblivion actually makes it as a launch date title, that may just have to come home with me as well. Now that the bulk of everything is paid off :)

We haven't set anything in stone yet,but Leslie & I are looking at 3-4 titles from this list,which are:

Perfect Dark Zero *

Call of Duty II (* - 4th)

Ghost Recon:AW (* - 4th)

Kameo *

Need for Speed:Most Wanted *

DOA 4

Elder Scrolls:Oblivion

Quake 4

I don't want all shooting games,that is for sure. Since I'm also not sure that ES4 won't make the launch date, I'd say that the games with an * next to them will be the games we get.

(The only thing I might waver on is the 2nd shooting game,if most of my friends get something else 1st then I'll do that.

Nothing reserved, but here's what I'm gonna go after:

System - Premium Pack

Extra Wireless Controller ( I may hold off on this and make my friends buy one if they want to play)

Perfect Dark Zero

PGR 3

Kameo

Soon after, I plan to go after:

Ghost Recon - definetly.

Tiger Woods 06 - hopefully they add more courses and players

Madden 06 - only if i see vast improvement from the recent screen shots

Dead or Alive 4 - based soley on this message boards praises

• 2 weeks later...