LCVG

Breaking News-Emergency Landing

PHiL

A jet blue airliner which took of from LAX on its way to JFK(NY) took off and relized that front landing gear has malfunctioned .. They have been flying around LAX airport using up fuel in order to make an emergency landing.Theres 134 passengers on board. Its now 8:34 pm eastern time.. It should make an emergency landing any minute now. Emergency crews are on the ground awaiting there approach.CNN and MSNBC have coverage.

God Bless Them

I wouldn't want to be on that plane, TV or not. I would hope that they shut down the TVs for the sake of keeping people calm.

From the eyewitness who works for msnbc was on the plane.. He said that they kept the tv's on till about 3 or 4 minutes before the landing.. He said people did take there headphones off.. But most watched.

From the eyewitness who works for msnbc was on the plane.. He said that they kept the tv's on till about 3 or 4 minutes before the landing.. He said people did take there headphones off.. But most watched.

Wow, that is totally bizzare. I can't imagine being in a situation like that and watching the outcome on TV as you are experiencing it firsthand.

that plane was recently in El Salvador for a heavy "C" check, where maintenance performed some work on the nose gear.

Those of you that like the cheap Jetblue ticket prices, keep in mind that one of the reasons that those prices are cheap is because Jetblue finds the cheapest places to have their planes fixed, which are outside this country, in 3rd world countries, where there is no FAA or stringent training requirements like we have here.

Think I'm kidding...http://sf.indymedia.org/news/2005/08/1718748.php

Found out today that a girl i work with used to be a flight attendant on Jet Blue and worked with that pilot.

Everyone who has ever came across this pilot.. is a better person because of him. From what i heard on some Tv stations in the Ny area, He used to teach underprivileged children about flying. Which i think is pretty damn cool.

Those of you that like the cheap Jetblue ticket prices, keep in mind that one of the reasons that those prices are cheap is because Jetblue finds the cheapest places to have their planes fixed, which are outside this country, in 3rd world countries, where there is no FAA or stringent training requirements like we have here.

I just felt the phrasing of this seemed very Demeaning giving the out come of the situation.