LCVG
dogbert

Boardgames & Cardgames, oh my!

Picked up CLank! & three expansions for a song at local game store's bring & buy thing. Kids will love it I suspect. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, dogbert said:

Picked up CLank! & three expansions for a song at local game store's bring & buy thing. Kids will love it I suspect. 

Awesome. We really enjoy it. I have the first few expansions. Need the others still.

Clank is a perennial favorite with our group too. If we weren’t smack in the midst of Gloomhaven it’d be out every other week I suspect :)

Nope , I will never back an awaken realms game on KS. I wait until retail to see how things turn out. They make good games, but their quality control sucks, and does their support for issues, . This is coming from someone That loves Lords of Hellas, and am still waiting for the expansions to hit retail.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JoeyN said:

Awesome. We really enjoy it. I have the first few expansions. Need the others still.

3 hours ago, Mark E said:

Clank is a perennial favorite with our group too. If we weren’t smack in the midst of Gloomhaven it’d be out every other week I suspect :)

Yep, I've played & like it. The expansions look like good ways to mix it up without increasing the complexity in how Clank In Space does. So that's good. And sold a wee game that's been sitting in the trade pile too, so it's all good ;) 

5 hours ago, JoeyN said:

Nope , I will never back an awaken realms game on KS. I wait until retail to see how things turn out. They make good games, but their quality control sucks, and does their support for issues, . This is coming from someone That loves Lords of Hellas, and am still waiting for the expansions to hit retail.

Advice that makes me feel better about missing out on something is one of my favorite types of advice.

Damn, looks like we'd better finish the existing content then.  More Gloomhaven is very welcome!

Played a few rounds of Coup at a friend's place the other night, and it's an awesome (and quick) bluffing game.  Simple to explain, and 15 mins start to finish (or faster if everyone is always challenging everyone else). 

Cool stuff has the the Gloomhaven expansion for $13. My one gaming BF purchase.

It’s pretty thin for board and video games (mostly because video games all shot their load last weekend, yeesh).

Actually planning to hit the local B&M for a copy of Quacks of Quidlinburg and Marvel Champions after work. It was comparable to buying the damn things online and at least I’m supporting in-town for a couple bucks more.

Yeah, we have the Arkham LCG but it feels more complicated than I want to get into with my less game-y GF right now.

Marvel looks more straightforward but still nice and playable so I am hoping to use it as a stepping stone.

The good reviews here and elsewhere don’t hurt ;)

Kickstarter is off my radar until Restoration Games launches the new Dark Tower next January :P.

Ironically I ended up having to go online for Quacks and Marvel Champions. Local store’s online front had incorrect stock quantities. It still took me five stores before I found a place that had both.

I was tempted to sub in Spirit Island or Dune,  but maybe later. I’m going to try and cycle games out two times a year going forward.

My Suburbia CE should arrive next week too, and that’s gonna be taking up a WEE footprint as well...

This was a pretty lackluster Black Friday for me - not many interesting deals. Cyber Monday wasn't any better. I was able to score some clearance deals on some X-Wing 2.0 huge and large ships and the 3+ multiplayer expansion. Was also able to take advantage of Meeple Realty's sale (even picked up an insert for a game I don't own.... yet.)  But that's about it.  :(

In other news, word on the street is that in in-laws are getting me Gloomhaven for Christmas and the Beoken Token insert. So, to properly prepare, are there any quality of life upgrades I should pick up? Player dashboard? Scenics?

Anyone here score anything cool during the second best holiday on the calendar?

20191201_171243.jpg

For Goomhaven I got the vinyl sticker pack for cheap in case I ever want to reset it. 

As for the sales, nothing from this past weekends sales, a few weeks ago Walmart had a few Mansions of madness expansions for cheap.i bought a champions insert from Meeple Reality but it wasn’t on sale. It shipped today, looking forward to it coming,

Speaking of Mansions (and X-wing, for that matter), are Fantasy Flight the Pixar of boardgame companies? Anyone else, with a decent catalog of games, match their hit rate? Stonemaier? Probably not enough track record for Stonemaier, but you get the idea... 

The Gloomhaven Helper app is pretty essential. We did the first part of the campaign without it and the difference is like night and day in terms of time saving.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rainmaykr said:

Speaking of Mansions (and X-wing, for that matter), are Fantasy Flight the Pixar of boardgame companies? Anyone else, with a decent catalog of games, match their hit rate? Stonemaier? Probably not enough track record for Stonemaier, but you get the idea... 

FFG has had plenty of stinkers over the years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JoeyN said:

FFG has had plenty of stinkers over the years. 

Sure, but so has Pixar - the point is not that they are perfect. I'm still rather impressed with the quality of their line-up - tons of titles that seem to be almost single-handedly floating local gaming scenes, and multiple titles that seem to establish niche gaming cultures.

RE: Gloomhaven - Does something like this really add gaming value here?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/731350886/gloomhaven-player-board?ref=hp_rv-2&frs=1

Please say no.

And dig what the final board looked like when my daughter and I finished the first curse in 7th Continent. This was the "tutorial" curse.  Complete and utter nonsense! All told, 13 hours...

20191203_222051.jpg