LCVG
dogbert

Boardgames & Cardgames, oh my!

Yep, pretty sure that’s the case. I just wanted to give the campaign a bump AND account for all the stuff I wanted ahead of time :).

Relatedly, I do not care about mechanical engineering AT ALL, but today’s update about the tower prototypes was fascinating reading.

Apparently I need to make > 2k comparisions to judge.... And way too many games I've played once or twice... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Scythe and Rebellion are in my Top 10. The others I have not played. My game buying has slowed down in the last few years because I have so much unplayed stuff.

Dark Tower - I really want to back it. Loved that game as a kid and I really want to play this. I just know it's all or nothing on this one. It'd be an easier choice if I just hadn't backed Car Wars which I'm kinda regretting now. WIth it being in lin ewith the cost of the vintage set in working order, I probably should just suck it up and get on board.

Destiny getting sacked really sucks, but I get one last trip to MN for worlds. My local players are split between keeping their stuff and still playing (it really is a good game) or rage selling which they will likely regret at some point. It'll be intereting to see how many of FFG's Star Wars properties make it through 2020.

Marvel Champions continues to be great. I'm looking forward to the monthly additions to this game as we go into the spring.

Wrecking Crew scenario pack is scheduled for first week of Feb.

As for SW, I am surprised Armada has not been killed already. X-Wing and Legion do really well in sales so I expect them to be around still.

Destiny had so many issues with sets coming out. Also the cost of the dice was very expensive for FFG.  They should have went with some smaller ones. I really enjoyed playing it when I could get a game.

Introduced the kids to Cthulhu: Death May Die because it's time for these kids to learn how cruel and unforgiving the world can be.

We all died. They had a blast.

20200123_224611.jpg

20200123_224639.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

FFG finally announced the first big LOTR Adv expansion. Involves stuff from Mirkwood and Moria. Plenty of new content in this one

Glad I subscribed right away to the Champions packs, as Wrecking Crew release is heavily allocated. Even team covenant is shorted , and some later subs will not get it until early March.

... someone from Coolstuff has said Thor will be the same way.  At this point I would expect the next three heroes to also have that issue as it seems from leaks their print runs have happened already.

Asmodee really needs to get their shit together for the FLGS.  If anyone has problem finding anything , check barnes and noble web site as they have had all the packs in stock.

Less than two days on the most expensive game purchase I will ever make ;).

I thought Middara had it on lock, but nope. I can’t imagine Frosthaven being that much, mercifully.

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2020 at 3:31 AM, JoeyN said:

Glad I subscribed right away to the Champions packs, as Wrecking Crew release is heavily allocated. Even team covenant is shorted , and some later subs will not get it until early March.

... someone from Coolstuff has said Thor will be the same way.  At this point I would expect the next three heroes to also have that issue as it seems from leaks their print runs have happened already.

Asmodee really needs to get their shit together for the FLGS.  If anyone has problem finding anything , check barnes and noble web site as they have had all the packs in stock.

If it's anything like destiny was, FFG said the first couple of print runs were already in based on vendor pre-orders and overall interest/reception at preview events. They always run conservative at first unfortunately. I think it's funny people are losing their shit over FFG/Asmodee direct preorders being shipped and people getting the product a few days early compared to the TC subs (whome are not a local store for most of the people using them). I spoke with my LGS and I'll have a copy waiting even if they get allocated. 

Have to decide on the Dark Tower kicstarter tonight. I've wanted a replacement for years, but this is just different enough from the original for me to be leary. I'll probably cave sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Oh i have no issue with FFG shipping early, They always have . They ship from CA so it would not make much difference to me.

Oh, figured you didn't. Reading some of the facebook groups and other forums, you'd have thought it was the end times.

• Like 1

This past weekend I was able to meet up with a fellow board gamer I've known for a decade but never actually met IRL as well as a guy I've known since elementary school for a game of Legendary Scythe. Elementary school mate had never played Scythe, but the "new guy" had played it a bit and it ranks among his favorites. The game ended in a tie for first with the tie-breaker being whoever painted the minis. 😂

We had a blast.

We ended the day at Hopdoddy for one of the best hamburgers I've ever had. Quite a Saturday afternoon.

Brian, we could have used you! Hopefully next time.

Next up, maybe On Mars or Nemesis or Cthulhu: Death May Die. We'll see.

Excelsior.

20200201_142156.jpg

20200203_161126.jpg

• Like 2

Had a fun game of Nemesis (co-op rules) with @Rainmaykr at one of our local gaming shops this afternoon. His copy is seriously pimped out, giving an over the top game even greater table presence. We sneaked a "win", in that we completed our objectives for the company, but clearly were never going to make it off the spaceship alive :) In the end, we destroyed the queen alien, thanks to the flames spreading throughout the spaceship + my marine's assault gun overcharge attack. 

Thoroughly enjoyed Nemesis. It captures the mood + theme of Alien/Aliens really well. 

My phone cam doesn't do it justice: 

RoXZbdV.png
2N7Pk4m.png

8SuumiR.png

• Like 2

Had a blast! We had a very smooth first couple of rounds, then somewhere along the way the entire intruder bag was emptied, half the ship was on fire and the other half didn't work. Good times.

Maybe I should go ahead and finish prepping the Void Seeders expansion in case we want to mix up who it is that's going to be killing us.

20200209_175506.jpg

20200209_175440.jpg

1581298232507856531024454631352.jpg

• Like 1

James' photos are better than mine, but still don't do a good enough job of how good those minis look :) 

• Like 1