LCVG
dogbert

Boardgames & Cardgames, oh my!

My weekly DND game is still going strong, and is an amazingly good time. My niece always sees me playing and asked if she could try. We did an episode zero yesterday, and she had a blast and wants to continue. so I ordered her a character mini, and some other minis I am going to need for the next few sessions. I also remembered how many board game minis I have already, which will save a few bucks. Thanks Lord of the Rings, the CMON games 🙂 and others for giving me so much plastic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark E said:

Did you give up, Brian? ;)

This thread is bereft of snarky Scottish commentary!

:)

I failed miserably in my first run of the 7th Continent. I spent too much time / resources fighting off a spider, tried to start a fire for a 'base', got shipwrecked, stranded on a couple of islands, eventually getting stuck on the base of an island with a large hill I had to climb up to get anywhere, and ended up dying at the base of that large hill because I just couldn't quite reach the top. 

It was thoroughly enjoyable. Need to double check I'm running things right. And I think it needs at least 2 characters to make the decision making tougher. I picked the wrong character too for a solo game. But yeah, will be playing this again. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dogbert said:

I failed miserably in my first run of the 7th Continent. I spent too much time / resources fighting off a spider, tried to start a fire for a 'base', got shipwrecked, stranded on a couple of islands, eventually getting stuck on the base of an island with a large hill I had to climb up to get anywhere, and ended up dying at the base of that large hill because I just couldn't quite reach the top. 

It was thoroughly enjoyable. Need to double check I'm running things right. And I think it needs at least 2 characters to make the decision making tougher. I picked the wrong character too for a solo game. But yeah, will be playing this again. 

No, it sounds like you did it right. 😂

(As a starting character, Frankenstein is hard to beat. Actually, Frankenstein is hard to beat regardless of experience.)

• Like 1

Update - it definitely worked.

I got the starter pack - Classic Edition, Card sleeves, and the introductory curse. I have a staycation (originally supposed to be a trip home to Newfoundland, thanks pandemic!) coming in August that this will be perfect for...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark E said:

Update - it definitely worked.

I got the starter pack - Classic Edition, Card sleeves, and the introductory curse. I have a staycation (originally supposed to be a trip home to Newfoundland, thanks pandemic!) coming in August that this will be perfect for...

I hope that's a lotta sleeves... :)

I'm genuinely impressed by my first play at how it works mechanically + how they've figured out to tell a story through it. I have zero clue how to survive, never mind win, at this point :) Will try to get a second game in this weekend. 

It’s like a hundred sleeves for the “most used cards”. I honestly don’t care about the sleeves,  but the base game was $89 Canadian and the base game plus sleeves plus starter curse was $99 and the starter curse alone normally goes for $20 so it was worth tossing an extra ten for all of it.

• Like 1

I’m at work and 7th Continent is on my doorstep ><.

Not that I can currently play it, as we’re up to our necks in a 3000 piece jigsaw puzzle that’s taking all our table real estate...

• Like 2

FFGs stream crashed... they had one job.

Before they crashed they announced new Clone Wars stuff for xwing, legion and armada. 

Then the next Keyforge set...

116002217_10158847400777028_2711000361631948063_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=B-yJlYJpbb0AX81YtwZ&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=e5274aca2d4a62165ecf3f080ab84636&oe=5F478BEA

Also looks like there will be a game featuring the Xmen and New Mutants that looks like an Elder SIgn reskin. 1 to 6 player coop is what I think I saw

• Bravo 1

Almost all the new Xwing stuff was leaked from a retailer preorder months ago. Good to see it was correct. This was not part of that list and looks like a great entry point into the game for a new player:

116712614_10158533362653599_1007054185339057922_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=YcfupV_GbikAX_Sxvn-&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=f98fd31856321c9c60abd64f1838170c&oe=5F47F5A3

• Like 1

So after that campaign you can bet on Starlord, Drax and Gamora expansions.

yeah X-Men Mutant Insurrection looks Like elder signs.

FFG has released  the correct schedule, and October is a dual Champions release month with Kang Scenario and Ant-Man pack. 

I was really surprised FFG did not show some new games during in Flight. X-men is just a reskin of something else.  The rest are all expansions to games that get steady content, the rumored expansions for some titles that have not had any recently did not happen either.