Jump to content
LCVG

Boardgames & Cardgames, oh my!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cats and s(h)elfies are why the internet exists. Here's both.   When we're playing, Cairo likes to jump up there and sit behind the DM screen and watch. And plot. If we really let him DM, th

The room is coming together...

Continuing my mission to play everything ever, according to my wife...   And I've come to enjoy blinging out the games damn near as much as playing them.   Anachrony is an amazing

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Rainmaykr said:

Brian, I see Cleopatra made it through the first round. Have you checked out the remake? We played it a bit just last night and they dug it.


20210125_013630.thumb.jpg.948cb9aa74eb170c87b9a3fd5ad50b06.jpg
 

 

I found it has a niche expanding Ticket to Ride with gorgeous table presence. Couldn't get my kids interested lol. Didn't see enough different to back the ks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It has been a looooong dry spell of gaming for us. Fiancé and I are both working regular work days and the overlay of pandemic impositions on our workplace plus commute and restrictions has us wiped.

 

To combat this, we forced ourselves to set up a game night of Forgotten Waters this Saturday. We’re going to get the rules hammered out tonight and figure out our streaming set-up, but I’m looking forward to actual human contact beyond the two of us for a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, we ended up playing Forgotten Waters for five hours yesterday, the whole of the first scenario.

 

It took a lot of effort getting the set-up down, but once we did it was smooth sailing, pardon the expression.

 

It’s a goofy lark with a sense of fun very reminiscent of Monkey Island, while still doing its own thing. There are some astoundingly good jokes and running gags in the first scenario alone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been trying to broaden playing opportunities in the pandemic, and I find TTS and the like to be lifeless, cumbersome experiences, so I put together a streaming setup. Watched a few streaming channels to cop their moves and the product came out surprisingly good. Even installed a little color-keyed area to display detail shots of game bits and cards so people can see them up close and study them.

 

It works really well for games with no hidden hands and everything's public. But some of these game boards push 1080p to its breaking point. Can't do 4K right now and don't even want to try!

 

...Maybe that will change.

 

20210213_211447.thumb.jpg.4d37836f648da357bb5e58e2c30436f3.jpg

 

20210213_002135.thumb.jpg.6158727a96f7aa291d59b6ef396b311e.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Feels like forever since the original Kickstarter because of how they did the weird split shipping and got the base game to retail early. It's been frustrating to see the base game discounted already, but I know I'm getting a ton of value for my pledge...  I typically don't mind KS hitting retail just before backers, that's the market, but the timing of this one was weirder than normal. 

 

Congratulations! Quartermaster Logistics has shipped your order on behalf of CMON for the Marvel United Kickstarter!

Your order contains the following items:
1x Yondu
1x Guardians of the Galaxy Remix - KS
1x Marvel United
1x United Promos
1x The Infinity Gauntlet
1x Rise of the Black Panther

 

Maybe I'll make it the first game played on my shiny new dining room table that should be here any week now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice-I'm still waiting on a bunch of BG Kickstarters.  It's going to be a race to see which project finishes first:

  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood of Venice.  Original date-June 2020.  Current Date-July 2021? (still being assembled, but moving)
  • Middara: Original Date-May 2020.  Current Date-June 2021? (apparently on a boat, so this might be the first to arrive)
  • Return to Dark Tower: Original Date-Feb 2021.  Current Date-August 2021?
  • Frosthaven: Original Date-Mar 2021.  Current Date-October 2021?

I'm not overly upset by any of those delays, it's just a little funny that just about all of them are a year late.  Better than the two book kickstarters I backed that never delivered though-that's hundreds of dollars I'll never see again...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ChrisBardon said:

Nice-I'm still waiting on a bunch of BG Kickstarters.  It's going to be a race to see which project finishes first:

  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood of Venice.  Original date-June 2020.  Current Date-July 2021? (still being assembled, but moving)
  • Middara: Original Date-May 2020.  Current Date-June 2021? (apparently on a boat, so this might be the first to arrive)
  • Return to Dark Tower: Original Date-Feb 2021.  Current Date-August 2021?
  • Frosthaven: Original Date-Mar 2021.  Current Date-October 2021?

I'm not overly upset by any of those delays, it's just a little funny that just about all of them are a year late.  Better than the two book kickstarters I backed that never delivered though-that's hundreds of dollars I'll never see again...


Oh delays are part of it, but CMON/Spinmaster split up Marvel in a  way that I haven't hit before, though I know other KS have done it. Middara's definitely "coming soon" - people outside North America have started to get their copies already, but NA shipping is backed up. I sincerely doubt parts 2 + 3 will be done by the end of next year, but I'll happily be wrong :)

Next arrival for me should be Zombicide 2.0 or the Middara extras. I will be backing far fewer projects this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm down to Dark Tower, the latest Star Realms, and Car Wars in my KS queue. All are delayed but the delays are acceptable and 2 of the 3 I know will ship without issue eventually.

I only have one that never delivered and that was from 6 years ago for acrylic accessories for games I no longer play. There's an artisan dice one I backed that is now 8 years overdue for some people. I had a single die and fortunately mine got made. I feel bad for the people who's rewards haven't shipped as they were some of the largest backers with some of the dice being over the 1k mark for a set. Nice product, but the guy who runs it is a dick online and in person and I'd never buy from them again.

 

I've certainly become more leery of backing although I think I'll at least get a d20 from the one posted above. The Roll20 integration is what really sells me on it. Love that I can chuck  physical die and have the result go into the app.
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still waiting on my Marvel United second wave shipping notice. The Stargate RPG should be soon as well.
 

Only other game I backed was the Awaken realm space game which I expect in 2023 sometime 😀

 

My only recent game purchases really have been the Marvel Champions packs, and the Ashes Reborn upgrade kit is shipping soon.  As soon as everyone in our game group has the vaccine we are gonna have a game day.
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Orpheus said:

I'I only have one that never delivered and that was from 6 years ago for acrylic accessories for games I no longer play. There's an artisan dice one I backed that is now 8 years overdue for some people. I had a single die and fortunately mine got made. I feel bad for the people who's rewards haven't shipped as they were some of the largest backers with some of the dice being over the 1k mark for a set. Nice product, but the guy who runs it is a dick online and in person and I'd never buy from them again.

 

I've certainly become more leery of backing although I think I'll at least get a d20 from the one posted above. The Roll20 integration is what really sells me on it. Love that I can chuck  physical die and have the result go into the app.
 


What is it with dice + Kickstarters? Back in 2014, I backed one from a guy making Arkham Horror 2e (this was years before 3e or LCG was a thing...) custom dice after FFG messed up their own run. He severely under-estimated the cost of shipping from his place to backers and severely under-estimated the mental toll on filling a thousand padded bags with dice. It took him years to catch up with orders (I got mine a couple of years back) but there's still hundreds of outstanding orders + he's effectively ghosted the campaign for a year at least now. A real shame. I'm pretty sure I know the campaigns you're talking about + it's absolutely awful. 

I don't see that happening with Jean's fancy dice FWIW :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea. The acrylic move templates and tokens one that I have was a similar thing. The KS costed the guy his job and his marriage, which really sucks. Yea, we lost out on our pledge, but I think people often forget KS isn't really a store. I hope it doesn't, but of all the things I've backed since then, Dark Tower is the one thing I could see going awry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2021 at 7:19 AM, dogbert said:

Maybe I'll make it the first game played on my shiny new dining room table that should be here any week now. 


That shiny new table + bench arrived. Ticket To Ride board for size. Custom made by a local craftsman. Utterly love the finish + look of it, can't wait to get some chairs to go with it. 

 

XVUEHHN.png


j7y2f4Om.pngwUMt0tTm.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ChrisBardon said:

Still waiting on a shipping update, but Triton Noir did an unboxing of the production samples for AC Brotherhood of Venice:

 

That's a BIG box of stuff...


I didn't pay the KS much attention, how's the game looking? 

 

 

 

And last pics of table tonight, I promise :) First official game is King of Tokyo with my son. He was leading 19-3 and I hit him 5 times in one round to knock him out. 

cObMa6t.png08REctJ.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...