LCVG

Boardgames & Cardgames, oh my!

10 hours ago, dogbert said:

That shiny new table + bench arrived. Ticket To Ride board for size. Custom made by a local craftsman. Utterly love the finish + look of it, can't wait to get some chairs to go with it. 

Very nice. We're currently shopping for something that is suitable for X-wing and expandable to an Armada sized surface.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cats and s(h)elfies are why the internet exists. Here's both.   When we're playing, Cairo likes to jump up there and sit behind the DM screen and watch. And plot. If we really let him DM, th

The room is coming together...

Continuing my mission to play everything ever, according to my wife...   And I've come to enjoy blinging out the games damn near as much as playing them.   Anachrony is an amazing

Posted Images

Broke out Marvel United to learn it. It's relatively straightforward (at least in the base game), reminds me a little of Pandemic in how you have to manage threat levels + deal with constant pressure from a ticking down "clock" effectively. Draw a card, play a card, use the symbols of your card + the last other hero card to move/attack/deal with threats etc. Enemy moves around the board + does ever increasing damage to you + the "fear" level of the city. Should be straightforward to teach kids. 

I wasn't close to being an "all in" backer + it's still a ridiculous number of boxes. I think I'll be condensing these down (and ignoring the upcoming XMen campaign). 

DICXk7S.png
zybsmxA.png

@dogbert I got it all, and the number of boxes is insane. Crazy thing is, the retail release plans changed, so only into the  spider verse is being released. The rest by default are all is exclusive. If I do get x-men it will be in the pledge manager down the line. 

17 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

@dogbert I got it all, and the number of boxes is insane. Crazy thing is, the retail release plans changed, so only into the  spider verse is being released. The rest by default are all is exclusive. If I do get x-men it will be in the pledge manager down the line. 

I think I can throw all the heroes + enemies in the KS extra box + keep everything else in the main one. Have you had a chance to play it yet? 

I played the base game solo a few times when it came in wave one. I haven’t had a chance to play again. Hell I have the 2nd TMNT Kickstarter which I have not touched yet either which I really want to play as well.

Almost all of our game group will be fully vaccinated by the end of the month, and we are getting game nights going again ASAP

Finally broke out the copy of Pandemic Legacy season 2 I've had since before the actual Pandemic started, and we played the first "real" game tonight (after a few practice rounds of the prologue).  Managed to win with minimal damage to the world-we'll see how absolutely boned we'll get as things progress I suppose.  I gather the game expects you to lose at least a few times based on the way the rules work.  Enjoying it so far!

Got Snowdonia set up for a refresh of the rules. This "complete edition" is way, way too painful to set up in how it's laid out and organized in a supposed "deluxe" edition, but there's a fantastic worker placement game there with an insane amount of variability with the number of expansions and promos.

But, boy, I need to reorganize it to make it much easier to setup.

It's perfectly fine on the table - big board, but most of the game is on that board outside of trains you can temporarily purchase + contract cards you buy. 

tyvFQ2Sm.png

Here is why it's ridiculous in the box - tons & tons of expansion cards in sets that dramatically tweak the rules, add more trains, themes etc. All sleeved. And which, despite them saying they'll support sleeves (and sold them...), don't actually fit in the provided boxes. So I printed slanted racks. Combine that with the unoptimized plastic gametrayz type things, there's so much wasted space in a big huge box. And you still can't just pull up a tray + start, because of storage decisions they made. 

Ugh. 

FbzNOTgm.png

Great game, poor design decisions on the box.