LCVG
dogbert

Boardgames & Cardgames, oh my!

I  forgot to check at midnight. I'd ahve bought more destiny at some of those prices for the shot at some cards I need. Replacing 2 IA maps and that's about it.

B&N has Outer Rim for 30% off and then they have a 20% off coupon to use as well. My one prime day purchase. They have some other good stuff as well.

I just bought Pandemic:Legacy s1 on Amazon for about $40. I've played (and loved) the regular Pandemic, and am excited to try Legacy. Now just have to find time 😀

I'll stop spamming the board with my Scythe nonsense after this quick update!

So the base game came in this afternoon and I immediately picked a fraction and got to work. Painting mechs is pretty simple, so I started there. Now that I'm warmed up, on to the character. Damn, though, those faces are bitty af. Pray for me.

20190715_184817.jpg

Edited to add the character. I might have missed my calling, y'all. Gluing little tufts of grass onto bases is therapeutic.

20190717_041444.jpg

20190718_071610.jpg

• Like 2

I really should have told you to wait until today to pick up scythe stuff. the core set is $40 almost everywhere today

Officially all Gloomhaven all the time here at the house. We went hardcore on Saturday during the heat wave and played three scenarios from afternoon to night.

Currently our Tuesday game will be the last for a while, as the four of us have wildly disparate summer plans until September and we’ll probably go insane during that time.

We’ve unlocked some fun stuff, including

card enhancements

, which I am personally super keen on since my character’s personal quest is to do four of them. The only downside is that I have to drag the city kicking and screaming up the prosperity chain too :P

• Like 1

I’m dying to get a class unlock, even though my tinkerer is only level 5. I’ve been doing healing mostly but the team rarely needs it in the clutch so I generally do whatever I feel like in matches (looting :D).

So, for the language decoder, do we have access to that front the start? We did a temple as a mission and it had a message at the end and it said we couldn’t read it, but it’s in decoder speak.

It was just loose in the box if I remember, so I assumed you had access to it the whole time (at least I don't think it was in an envelope).

• Like 1

Finished one of the side missions tonight. Two of us are level 5 now and after reading the rules carefully I need much less than I thought for my class unlock.

Sadly I came up ONE gold short. Ah well, next side quest...

Actually, through total happenstance it turns out three of the four of us are going to retire next mission most likely. So our party of levels 4 and 5 is about to plummet to a single 5 and three level 2s :P

Minis deployed!

Does anyone have a source for worker replacements? I have all the other upgrades MeepleSource sells, but I'm not feeling their worker replacements - They dont match the aesthetic of the game, imo.

20190723_165901.jpg

20190723_165517.jpg

Also, also wik:

There is precious little information regarding many of Tower Rex's inserts, so I made my own video with some thoughts on one of their products for which there is almost none. Who knows, might help someone make a decision...

• Like 1

Nice paint job, @Rainmaykr!  Tower Rex is the Ukranian guy, right? Heard good things, but with shipping, they don't seem so cheap. 

• Like 1

I introduced my daughter to Love Letter right before our recent vacation & she loved it. Took a bunch of 'small' card games on the trip, and she taught it to her brother (who she hates) , and to mom. Played it a bunch, along with introducing the kids to Bohnanza, a real classic game of hand management + trading. Literally one of the first "Euro" games I bought ~14 years ago. Utter hit.

Got a text today about how my wife had thumped my daughter at Love Letter (while I was at work)... Hearing that they played without me? Man, that put a smile on my face! They're getting into the groove! 

• Like 4

The only time we ever play love letter is the Batman version. Usually bring it on trips.

Amazon "pre-gencon" sale is going. 

More inserts printed - this time for Explorers of the North Sea. 

Sz2Yae4.jpg
q4VUNun.jpg

Next up is Eclipse... 

Had a moment of really poor losing from my wife last night. A downright tantrum after she got thumped at Ticket To Ride because I claimed lots of 6 train routes... That's how you win... :)

• Like 2

Have you played raiders of the North Sea? Love that one. Gonna play SW Outer Rim tonight, so looking forward to that.

3 hours ago, JoeyN said:

Have you played raiders of the North Sea? Love that one. Gonna play SW Outer Rim tonight, so looking forward to that.

I've been told I should like Raiders, but haven't had a chance to play it. BIg game day this weekend got canceled because the host had a kidney infection :(

19 minutes ago, dogbert said:

I've been told I should like Raiders, but haven't had a chance to play it. BIg game day this weekend got canceled because the host had a kidney infection :(

Yeah raiders is one of my favorite worker placements. I picked up the expansions but have not tried them yet.

We did play some 3 person Outer rim tonight. Really enjoyed it so far, but had to stop (long story). I am going to try solo mode later in the week.

• Like 1

FFG just announced a Marvel Living Card Game. Maybe one day we will get a proper marvel mini game.

46 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

FFG just announced a Marvel Living Card Game. Maybe one day we will get a proper marvel mini game.

You get your wish, it looks like...