LCVG

December Console Game Release List

JoeyN

You would think some of the companies would hold back some releases for December. It is the Holiday Shopping Season after all

Xbox 360

Dead or Alive 4 $59.99

Xbox

12/6 Sonic Heroes and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe 2 pack $29.99

12/6 Sonic Mega Collection and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe 2 pack $29.99

12/12 Samurai Shodown V $29.99

12/12 Gauntlet Seven Sorrows $49.99

12/13 Snocross 2 $19.99

12/13 The King of Fighters 94' Re-bout $29.99

PS2

12/5 College Hoops 2k6 $29.99

12/12 Gauntlet Seven Sorrows $49.99

12/13 Snocross 2 $19.99

Gamecube

12/5 Mario Strikers $49.99

It didnt seem to help them much this year with a new system launch

..but then they are not faced with that every year either. Publishers are in a tough spot when it comes to the 360 releasing, and sales have been stagnant for months leading up to it. I'm curious to see how a game like Prince of Persia does on current gen consoles now that the 360 is out there in the retail channel. We'll see if the stagnation continues into next year (though November will no doubt be a big sales month due to the 360 finally hitting store shelves.).

A shockingly thin month. Which frankly, my wife will love (after all the cash spent on the 360). Only Dead or Alive 4 for me in December. Also getting Prince of Persia Two Thrones at the tail ends of this month.

Traditionally, december is barren, but this year is even thinner than usual. I guess MS didn't make the 25 games they were promising for the holidays.

Hmm, that sonic mega collection/super monkey ball deluxe looks tempting and both are b/c with the 360.

I'll be adding a few more titles to my wish list (okay, spreadsheet) but for right now after the 360 - stick a fork in me I'm DONE (at least for a little while)

Evenutally I'll be picking up -

Prince of Persia, DOA4, Sam Showdown 5

Kong (360) when it drops - just too short to justify $60

COD2 (360) when I get through a few of the other 1st person shooters :)

Traditionally, december is barren, but this year is even thinner than usual. I guess MS didn't make the 25 games they were promising for the holidays.

They said "Holiday release window" which is the first few months, not to mention the system launched with 18 titles and will have 19 in december

• 2 weeks later...