LCVG

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

AnthonyVolpe

New 3D Mortal Kombat coming out in October. Every character from every previous MK game all in one big massive game. Coming out for PS2 and XBox. Online support of course.

Also has a create-a-character mode where you can clothe your character and assign their move lists move by move. :drool

Current generation ain't dead yet...

Oh yeah. I ran across a feature list as well from the most recent GameInformer.

* 60+ characters. Almost every character from all previous MK games. (Noticably absent, however, was Motaro.)

* Improved air kombat

* All new konquest mode that will play similarly to MK: Shaolin Monks

* Kustom Fatalities - Each character will have a pre-set of around 20 moves in which to dispatch their opponent.

* Create-A-Character

* An all new Krypt

I'll buy. I loved Deception.

• 6 months later...
Damn...that's a lot of characters to create stiff animations and unrefined combos for!

Bah with you. In actuality I don't disagree on the animation front, but I've never disliked the the combo system in place. Yes it's dial-a-combo friendly and has very little depth but I have a good time with it playing with some buddies and especially online.

It won't be replacing Virtua Fighter or Soul Calibur anytime soon, but it has its own brand of enjoyment that still appeals to me. (Also, I'd say the art design is far more painful than any animations;) )

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Gamespot's On the Spot show had the guys who are working on the Wii version of the game. It looks very well done. no more button mashing to do special moves. You just have to do 8 different gestures with the Wiimote to do special movies and fatalities so anyone can do them.

Gamespot's On the Spot show had the guys who are working on the Wii version of the game. It looks very well done. no more button mashing to do special moves. You just have to do 8 different gestures with the Wiimote to do special movies and fatalities so anyone can do them.

I saw the same thing, and I admit that I'm really intrigued by it. I'm not sure if it would be enough for me to go out and buy the game (I've never been a big Mortal Kombat fan), but it does make me wonder how a similar control scheme could work in a game like Super Smash Bros. I know that they've said that they were going to allow players to use a GameCube or Classic Controller for it, but it would almost seem like a waste if Nintendo didn't implement some sort of motion controls as well. It just strikes me as more intuitive, provided it's done well.