LCVG

Nice bonus in Ninja Gaiden

paul h

Cool! I'm really happy that more games are doing this. Metroid Prime, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Panzer Dragoon Orta... keep 'em coming! :green:

I find this pretty interesting too!:

Towards the end of our presentation, Itagaki was asked if he could reveal anything about the game's Xbox Live features and, although he made it quite clear that official announcements will be made by Microsoft at a later date, he did let slip that the game will support a master ninja tournament. It's not yet clear whether this means that players will be able to go head-to-head or simply that the game will support a rankings board of some description.

The full article is at Gamespot.

Actually, according to computerandvideogames.com:

We understand the original Ninja Gaiden games will be hidden away in the Xbox version...

Itagaki: There were three original Ninja Gaiden titles. Everybody asks me what the common points are between the original Ninja Gaiden and my new version. These people are fans of the original, which is why Ninja Gaiden 1, 2 and 3 will be included as hidden features in Ninja Gaiden on Xbox.

Even better! :green:

Here's a nifty little bit of news for you interested in the new Ninja Gaiden game from Tecmo due out early next year:

n an interview with Computer and Videogames, Tomonobu Itagaki, creator of the Ninja Gaiden series, confirmed that Ninja Gaiden 1, 2, and 3 will all be included in the upcoming Xbox game as hidden bonuses. Not bad, eh?

I would say not! :) It doesn't say how the games will be unlocked, but it is very cool to have the entire classic series available on one disc.

I just wonder if the versions of Ninja Gaiden 1-3 will be the NES versions or the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy SNES version.

Was there a difference between the two? I only played the NES versions, I have always kept an eye out for a cheap copy of the SNES compilation to no avail. I thought it was just a straight port.

Good news on the new NG though...I really hope it's true. I just bought Panzer Dragoon Orta off of Ebay too (should get here any day), and was pleasantly surprised to learn about the original being included! I don't know how that slipped under my radar. I guess if I get hooked, I will pick up Zwei for my Saturn as well!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Is anything else known about the Live component of Gaiden?

Nothing's been officially announced, but I believe there's been some pretty strong hints at uploading your "data"/progress for the single player campaign to an online ranking system with the ability to download other player's playthroughs etc was the big "mystery" element that was hinted at, along with downloadable content etc.

Whether it'll make it in, who knows.

I read on the IGN forums that Halo 1.5 will be an easter egg on Gaiden.

That's obviously a lie. Anyone with a clue knows it's Halo 1.666.