LCVG

Do You Want A For Sale/Trade Forum

kelley

Do You Want A For Sale/Trade Forum  

1. 1. Do You Want A For Sale/Trade Forum

A lot of people have asked us, "Why isn't there a For Sale/Trade Forum?" Well to be honest, it's a hassle that I haven't overly been too keen on dealing with, but as I feel that this is a community I'm open to doing one. If the "Yes" votes out do the "No" votes then I will created a For Sale/Trade Forum. Please vote and please leave your opinion as to why/why not we should do one.

Thanks,

Kelley.

PS - Voting Close Friday the 26th.

I dunno the legal side, Kelley, but is it fine if we proviso the shit out of it with 'use at own risk' and 'no legal liability' statements? I really dunno, so I couldn't tell you, but it's nice to know if people are offering certain games or looking for specific ones.

I see the downside too, of course, but it would be nice to have as long as we have controls to keep spamheads from showing up and just selling their garbage non-stop.

I, uh, a friend of mine I mean ;), wouldn't have a copy of Beach Spikers right now if it wasn't for an LCVG'er and it would be nice to have handled that whole thing without skulking around in PMs and such.

I'm all for it. I don't trade or buy games online often, but the one time I did a trade with someone on the other forum it was great. Got rid of a game I had finished and was unlikely to play again and received a game that has become one of my favorites.

-Agreed, Joey please open up on this topic, I have to admit I'm ignorant of 99% of the "problems" it might cause.

-I voted yes for this same reason,

I don't trade or buy games online often, but the one time I did a trade with someone on the other forum it was great. Got rid of a game I had finished and was unlikely to play again and received a game that has become one of my favorites.

I voted no. Simply because their is a fair bit of communication challenges and liabilities in trading, selling, and purchasing used products that must be transmitted via mail. Perhaps this community forum would fundamentally mitigate some of these liabilities and my related anxieties, but I would probably opt sell my games at EB because of the simplicity.

Like i said it opens up problems. If someone rips someone off there really is no recourse. A while back on HTF i used to trade a lot. Had no problems for the first 20 or so trades. Then there was one which made me stop doing stuff on BBS's. A dvd of mine for someone elses. When i recieved his package there was no dvd inside the thing. He said he put it in there. I contacted whoever was in charge of that board and they contact him. He didnt respond and dissapeard. I never got the dvd and was ripped off. never heard from again. There is no backup if there is a problem. It isnt like ebay where they have a fraud department to get things fixed and so forth. I dont think the guys here need all that aggrivation when people get ripped off. If they want to do a forum like that for only the people they know a while then i think thats a good idea. But not for all general users

It isnt like ebay where they have a fraud department to get things fixed and so forth.

I'd just like to point out with some serious ichor that the fraud department at eBay is quite friggin' useless unless you have spent a serious load of cash on an item. If you get duped for anything "small" such as, say, fifty bucks, forget about it.

actually i do a lot of stuff on ebay and the fraud department helped me a few times. Paypal is also really good now at investigating these things. Someguy paid me via paypal, i sent the item. Paypal then found out he was using a bogus CC. I just sent them the tracking number and everything on my end was fixed and i didnt get hurt

capt