LCVG

Gamecube now $99...

fishepa

Alright people, go get yourself a GameCube and Eternal Darkness and Resident Evil. Then get suckered into Metroid Prime and Wind Waker to go with it. Then, feel weak and grab another three controllers and a copy of Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Tell 'em Mark sent you ;). If you need reasons to do this still, go check the 'GameCube - Worth getting this late in the game?' thread over in yonder Cube section.

Thanks, that is all :green:.

Originally posted by iCamp@Sep 23 2003, 09:27 PM

They have electricity in Canada? Huh...I could have sworn that state was green.

Look, we aren't all backwards over here.

I do have electricity.

I have a couple of hundred squirrels running on treadmills to give me power. Not only does it warm my igloo, cook my fish, but it also gives juice to my home theater and (soon to be) 3 systems.

Take that.

For the Cube-less among us, I command that each and every one of you go out and buy a GameCube along with Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness. Those two games represent the pinnacle of GameCube's titles at this point.

Oh, and if you have any money left over, go get F-Zero GX while you're at it. :)

It sounds like Nintendo is really preparing for a massive winter sales tactic across the globe. A number of rumours are indicating a drop in the UK to ?70. PS2 has either had a drop here, or is about to have one I believe. MS still say no X-Box drop in the UK this side of Christmas, but I am not too sure about that (?99 has been hinted at). If Nintendo truly drop to ?70, Microsoft will surely hit back.... With that in mind, with by old X-box seemingly stolen, I need to get my insurance claim in on the ?130 price asap just in case. :)

Daniel

Dan, as I understand it, the UK pricing goes something like this:

Gamecube drops to 99 Euros/?69 on October 17th.

PS2, in its shiny new silver guise is ?149 on its own or in black with Eyetoy and another game for ?179 as soon as shops get stock in.

XBox will stay the current ?129 price, but there will be a ?149 bundle with Midtown 3, Halo and 2 months free Live.

All the above is rumour, however, apart from the PS2 stuff that is from today's Simplygames email.

Also note that if the Parcel Force insurance is like any other insurance company I know, they will just ship you a new XBox rather than hand over cash anyway, as they get them wholesale to deal with claims.

Good question. Its a right pain, that one. My brother had half his DVD collection stolen, and had to spend a good hour on the phone arguing his case to get either proper replacements shipped from Movietyme or the cash to do so himself in order to end up with US Criterion releases rather than the budget no-frills UK ones.

Originally posted by Sam P+Sep 23 2003, 09:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sam P @ Sep 23 2003, 09:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-iCamp@Sep 23 2003, 09:27 PM

They have electricity in Canada? Huh...I could have sworn that state was green.

Look, we aren't all backwards over here.

I do have electricity.

I have a couple of hundred squirrels running on treadmills to give me power. Not only does it warm my igloo, cook my fish, but it also gives juice to my home theater and (soon to be) 3 systems.

Take that. [/b]

Ha!! LMAO!!! :D

Stolen from Fatbabies, but the original poster didn't give a link:

"Ultimately, the fate of GameCube is up to the consumers," said George Harrison, Nintendo of America executive vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "We have offered a new price point. It's up to us to get the message across to the consumer.

"We know $99 is a great price point," he added. "We will wake up in January and see where we are."

"Harrison would not say if GameCube is on its last legs. "I cannot predict the future. Obviously GameCube is a big part of our business, so we are going to keep pushing ahead to the best of our abilities. We have great things coming up in the first quarter."

I hope their sales do pick up. I'm a little concerned that Unity isn't supposed to ship until a year or more from now; I'd hate to see it get shelved.