LCVG
JoeyN

World of Warcraft Discussion Part 5

Hit 70 last night. About 3 days played worth from 0-70... No powerleveling but BoA items and knowledge of the right quest chains + lots of rested experience(this was a 2-3 month process) is finally done.

Now I can tank my way to 80. My buddy made me a set of Cobalt and I have acquired his tankadin spec 5/59/7. This is the same spec that all highend paladin tanks I know use on our server so I figured I can't go wrong.

I can now kiss DPS goodbye.

nooooo - save dps gear for offspec partly in case they nerf tanks again and partly so you have level grinding potential

all tanks need a DPS set/spec (if possible) and gear, especially if you plan on raiding, many tanks can't tank in raids so have to go dps for a lot of bosses

I have to agree. Unless you plan on leveling to 80 doing nothing but tanking instances, or grouping for quests, trying to do it in a tank spec will be tedious. You will be appalled at how long it takes to kill something solo in your tank spec...

Levelling via instances is pretty damn viable these days thanks to the new LFG system though. Had a lot of fun with it and I'm still doing my daily for frost emblems and extra triumph to toss onto my giant pile for gems.

Icecrown Citadel is a really nice raid. Very old school and I'm personally jonesing on the encounters. Just the right mix of trash and bosses, can't wait until the next wing opens up. The gunship battle in there has to be my favorite encounter thus far in all of WoW.

The new random dungeon system is quite tasty, despite that fact it thinks I always want to run Culling of Time: Stratholme. Seriously, 50% of my randoms end up there.

Also, the new Icecrown Citadel raid content is quite well done. I was skeptical on the phased opening, but the 4 boss fights opened the last 4 weeks have been good enough variety. It certainly makes up the for the Trial of the Crusader bullshit they crammed down our throats. My favorite fight is Saurfang, as once the bastard is under 10% health that fight gets really really tense. I'm so happy I'm not a healer for that fight. :)

I still miss those early Intrepid days with the crew from here (well HTF, but you know)... Gaspik (Joel?), Zerona, Jastrom, Grady, Mopadi. I think even NickC had a female smuggler back then that went on to unlock. I still have pics on my HD of us all noobed up sitting by a campfire, probably about to get raped by squills or something.

Good times.

Ah yes the good old days, I had a smuggler Cleri Freelight that I unlocked with and I unlocked with another character after that, I remember those campfire days, good times....

Also I am back playing on Lothar with my main, will probably move my other characters there at some point, who plays Horde side on Lothar?

My characters name is Oremok Orc Dk, feel free to hit me up.

My wife and I both use a relatively inexpensive Logitech headset, it's about 30 bucks I think, the brand has served us faithfully since we started raiding at the end of BC.

I use the Logitech PC Headset - probably the same model as Mark. Standard 2 plug connection, nice long cord, behind the head design, a great mic and it's comfortable for long periods of time :)

OK. I'll look at those. I need to grab one as the ICC25 guild I'm raiding with now uses Vent. My previous guild didn't use a voice chat client.

I'm still using my PS2 branded Logitech USB headset (yay for SOCOM leftovers). Like having a single earpiece earpiece as I run ingame sound through my speakers.

I'm still playing, will keep playing in Cata. I have a really good set of guildmates, most of whom I raid with and we're friends outside of game as well.

And I just finished downloading all 13 gigs of the beta, cripes. So... yes, I'm in it. I don't think it has a NDA on it still, maybe I shouldn't have said that ;).

Anyone get into the beta?

I got in today, am downloading the client at the moment. A couple of my friends have been in since the start, and I was able to check out a little bit of the game at their house. The troll starting area is pretty awesome.

There's no NDA anymore, anyone can access the Cataclysm beta forums, and the data mining sites have had no cease and desist letters about all the content they've put up so far.

Congrats to those who got into the beta, what's the secret? ;-) how do the goblin and worgen character models and starting areas look?