LCVG
JoeyN

World of Warcraft Discussion Part 5

Ahh, new race/class combos and the new Azeroth already available pretty much broke my resolve to not re-up until Cata comes out. Time to start leveling my Tauren Paladin :D

$15 for the 2 missing expansions, waiting for the new raid cluster in LotRO, and almost having reached my 30 points for the Guild Wars Hall of Momuments has convinced me to give WoW another shot.

What server are you guys on now?

I have to say, WoW is impressively more newbie friendly with the changes to Azeroth, and the facelift to some of the shittier areas (Desolace and... Desolace...) really helps.

It's cool to realize that things have changed, power has shifted in various areas, it's quite unlike anything I've seen in an MMO before in my own experiences.

I'm on Moon Guard, I think people are scattered all over the place really. MG is one of the RP servers, although apparently the quality has gone downhill in that respect, but I never RP'd so I wouldn't know. The queues to log in there are something fierce lately too. I'm in a raiding guild still, but we do take casual players, so if you were looking for a place to hang your hat there just let me know and I can vouchsafe you :).

Unrelatedly, I have been hunting down the new minipets for my collection now that I'm back in. The Plants Vs. Zombies game/questline in Hillsbrad was absolutely fantastic, and a very good challenge to complete successfully, plus Sunflower pet! I picked up Withers in Darkshore last night, now my next stop is to get the flamefly in Burning Steppes and Mr. Grubbs, the maggot pet from Eastern Plaguelands.

Blizzard has turned a fairly neat trick, in that they've created what is essentially WoW 2 without splitting the playerbase between old and new games.

The redesign of the 1-60 experience seems really, really well done so far. I've started up a new character in the last week or so while I wait for the 80-85 content to open up on my main, and the new quest progression through the Undead starter areas is so much cleaner and rich with story. I've never been good at rolling multiple characters as I get bored quickly, but I think that will change this expansion. 15 hours to go!

I'm also on Moon Guard, in the same guild with Mark. If you're just starting out though, you may not like the long login queues.

Where is everybody starting? I'm thinking Vash'jir as it was much more well done during beta, but Hyjal is more conveniently located.

I have seen nothing but praise for the Forsaken opening areas. My wife was doing them the other day and was very impressed. I am just waiting to get into the new stuff personally - guild achievements and challenging dungeons ahoy!

I highly recommend Hillsbrad Foothills when you get the breadcrumb quest to head over there. Don't forget to play Peacebloom vs. Ghouls (Plants vs. Zombies) south of Dalaran crater...

Archaeology is fun but a bitch to level. I have been getting scads is experience and having a blast, barely touched the quest areas.

The final reward for maxing archaeology is that you can put together a Qiraji battletank you can use OUTSIDE AQ40, which for those who know what I am talking about may be a huge deal. I had no idea until today, now I'm hellbent on maxing this asap :)

I'm so weak. One of my old WoW friends called and I was loading the xpac a few hours later. Since I hadn't played since that last major patch when they re-configured all the talents, the game seems so different now, even taking into account all the xpac stuff!

Moon Guard isn't the best server ever but I do love my guild a lot.

I have almost hit 82 with four daily quests, the rest was all from archaeology. I got one of the minipets (fossilized hatchling, very adorable) and the 'Assistant Professor' title out of it, the best title ever until I earn 'Associate Professor'.

Enjoying the Archaeology as well. It's a great activity while you're waiting on the random dungeon queue.

The Goblin and Worgen starting areas/zones/stories are really well done. Lots of humor balanced with some gut-wrenching moments as well.

Just ran Blackrock Caverns for the first time last night, and had a ball learning the fights without the benefit of a strategy guide.

First time flying over Stormwind gave me chills, as well. You knew it was big, but seeing it from above is something else entirely...

Blackrock caverns is a well done instance.

Not too many trash pulls, fun bosses.

The quest setup in the instance is very, very well implemented.

Cross Realm invites for Dungeon Finder was implemented today on a free trial basis. If anyone is still playing and wants to run some randoms, let me know.

I'll be on when I can this weekend as well. Magness or an alt, just shout if you see me on or let me know if you'll be doing runs around a certain time and I'll try to be there.

theDarkBelow.png

Probably the next WoW expansion, likely to be announced at Gamescom.  Burning Legion, baby!  It's time we finally kicked Sargeras in the face.

I'm guessing a release date sometime next year (Summer/Fall)....