LCVG

New Player's Choice titles

The Daisy

Anyone picking any of them up when they drop on the 25th?

As for me, I'll be getting Star Fox Adventures. $15 bucks after my Gamer Gift card at Best Buy sounds like a pretty good deal for me.

I already have the other titles that have dropped in price, so that'll be it for me.

I'm sure some of you don't have Animal Crossing or Pikmin at this point. Now there is no excuse. :)

Glen

Will the reduced price version of Animal Crossing still come with a memory card?

I can't say for certain, Ed, but it almost has to, since the memory card is required to play. It's not like it's a "bonus" or anything since the small card has ZERO space left on it after you've started a town on it.

Drunk, are you sure that's the case? Spider-Man's been a $30 title for quite some time and I think some of the other PC titles are too. You are correct that some titles are still stupid expensive, just not all I don't think. I wish we'd get a decent price drop, I'd get StarFox Adventures for $30.

Originally posted by DrunkOM@Sep 24 2003, 02:21 AM

Platinum and Greatest hits are $29.99.... which is a good deal

Player Choice are $49.99... which is not (Brand spankin new Sony published releases are only $10 more)

Oh, I didn't know Canadians got the shaft that bad.

These titles are $29.99 and $19.99 in the U.S. Ugh.

BTW, I'm pretty sure Animal Crossing will still have the memory card. The game requires it.

Glen

I can't say for certain, Ed, but it almost has to, since the memory card is required to play. It's not like it's a "bonus" or anything since the small card has ZERO space left on it after you've started a town on it.

I know, which is why I was flabbergasted when I went to EB to buy a used copy of AC, for $40, that didn't have the memory card!! I told the guys in the store that they should never have bought the game without the card but they didn't seem to get it, and refused to sell it for less...

Originally posted by Pharmboy@Sep 24 2003, 08:03 AM

Seriously, if you've never played Luigi's Mansion, I would try it out before buying.

I would second the motion. I bought it when I first obtained my Cube. It was somewhat fun, and it showcased the graphics power of the Cube nicely (for the time), but I didn't even bother to finish it.

I did, however, get a nice price for it on eBay after I had grown tired of it.

But you can use your own memord card can't you. Most people are gonna have the bigger cards now. Many of the new game saves won't even fit onto a 59 blocker. NHL 2004 is 77, Madden is like 120something, Sims is 61.

And can you not delete the Animal Crossing card files?

And can you not delete the Animal Crossing card files?

Maybe? You can definitely use a bigger memory card, but the thing is that the AC included memory card contains bonus games and a message from Nintendo on it and any other mem card doesn't. If you erased the files with the Nintendo bonus on it, then you can NEVER get them back.

To my mind it's just easier to keep the AC mem card in slot B and play the town from there, that's what I do. Honestly the 59's fill up so damn fast that I wouldn't bother with them anyway if I didn't have to so it's just as well to keep the whole place there. :)

You can certainly opt to put it on the larger mem cards, but it's still going to take up 59 blocks or what have you.

For the canadian guys like myself, MP, AC, and SMS are $39.99 now. LM, SFA, and Pikmin are $29.99. If you're worried about nintendo taking away the mem card from AC, just pick up an existing copy. Checked at EB for used copies, but they're computers haven't updated the pricing on pre-owns. So, a pre-owned copy of AC will cost you $59.99, while a new one will set you back $39.99. Doh!