LCVG

Wolfenstein good times over?

General Zot

Hi All,

I finally d/l the new XBL update and was able to get back online. Also, after having a baby this June, wasn't any online playing going on since then. I get back on Mechassault and Wolfenstein last night and jump into a few games. MA is fun and the new maps (new to me anyway) are a nice bonus.

Wolfenstein was a different story. Jumped into about 5 games, I think 3 were two clans fighting and the others I don't know. Odd thing thing on every single server I was either booted when the game started or killed by my teammates in the first 10 seconds. These were public servers, so I kind of thought that was very rude. No talking either, they would either just kill or boot. Are the days of the Wolfenstein fun pick up game dead? This was a real disappointment, thinking about eBaying the title and just waiting for Counterstrike so it's all new again.

Anyone else noticed this sort of thing, or was it just a really unlucky night for me picking servers?

I play ALL the time but the ADF (thanks for the new term R.M.) is going off the charts. But if you find a good server with cool people it's still a blast and my favorite XBL game...for now.

The clans, as usual :roll: , are starting to take the fun out of it and you'll find some asshats that think it's hilarious to T.K. But that's the price of doing business. Whaddya gonna do?

If there's enough interest, I'll host whenever you guys want. I have a good cable connection and have hosted 16 players with little or no complaints of lag. 8) I haven't been playing too much lately, I'm getting addicted to BF 1942, but I'm always up for a game of RTCW.

Originally posted by Sherbz@Sep 25 2003, 06:00 PM

One of the problems is that the game has been 'hacked'. Basically, hosting controls from the PC version are accessable if you have a mod chip (or so I've read), which enables things like unlimited green bar (endless airstrikes).

Whoa, this is news to me!

Any confirmation of this rumor?

-j

Originally posted by Sherbz@Sep 25 2003, 06:00 PM

One of the problems is that the game has been 'hacked'. Basically, hosting controls from the PC version are accessable if you have a mod chip (or so I've read), which enables things like unlimited green bar (endless airstrikes).

I hadn't heard of this. I'll check and see if it's possible, but with the new Dashboard, I'll assume the issue has been resolved. I'll report my findings later this evening.

Originally posted by Snakefish@Sep 25 2003, 12:44 PM

or killed by my teammates in the first 10 seconds

You do know that the 1st 10 or so seconds of every round begins with a "freebie" where you can TK with impugnity, don't you?

I only ask because I was saying "WTF?!" the first few times I joined in, before I realized that it was part of the pre-game warmup period.

Perhaps they were just having their fun and getting it out of their system before the REAL round started. It's a pretty popular activity.

If you guys want to do some Wolfenstein this weekend, like maybe Saturday evening, I'd be all for it. I haven't had a chance to play it with any of you guys and I would very much like to do so. However, I ask that you all don't argue over which side gets stuck with me when I show up. ;)

Originally posted by Carlucci+Sep 25 2003, 06:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Carlucci @ Sep 25 2003, 06:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Snakefish@Sep 25 2003, 12:44 PM

or killed by my teammates in the first 10 seconds

You do know that the 1st 10 or so seconds of every round begins with a "freebie" where you can TK with impugnity, don't you?

[/b]

Car-

I mean after the warm up, first 10 secs into the 'live' game. I expect the pre-game carnage. :P