LCVG

GameCube Incoming!

Sam P

Why haven't any of you mentioned Eternal Darkness yet? Shame on you all! ;)

Sam, really be sure to check this one out. I'm sure you can get it for a good price if you look around a bit. You'll end up with what is not only one of the finest GameCube titles around, but you'll have one of the best titles of this generation of gaming for any platform.

Oh, and I will have to agree with the others and suggest Metroid Prime. This is the only game right now that I can think of that is better than Eternal Darkness.

I had a cube a while back and at the time there were no games i wanted so i sold it to get my x-box(which i dont regret doing) for $200. With it dropping to $99 or cheaper with eb's $30 gift bundle thing its looking more tempting every day. Ive had the urge latly to pick up a NES for some of the mario games expecially Mario 3 after i played it at someones house a few weeks back. Now i see its coming to GBA. So i may pick up a Cube and a GBA player in a few weeks. Also intrested in mario golf, mario kart, rogue squad 3 and a few other games

capt

Just three? C'mon now Sam ;).

Seriously, most people have picked what I would pick, but here are the three titles for the Cube I think people would do well to start with:

Metroid Prime (oh yeah baby)

Zelda: Wind Waker

Eternal Darkness

I'm torn between ED and Resident Evil, but I feel ED really tried to do something new with survival horror and I really appreciate that. I also loooove the characters in the story too. RE is a wicked game to show off the graphics power of the Cube though!

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'm not really big on survival horror <duck>, but I'll give ED a try.

Pharmboy,

Dude, you of all people should understand. 3 games would already be tearing a crater in my pocketbook. :o

Graeme

That's the dilemma right there. If I get the machine this month, I really shouldn't splurge on games as well. Perhaps I should get the games first, then buy the 'Cube later...

My $50 rebate voucher has arrived in the mail, which will help matters considerably. I had almost forgotten about it, too.

In-keeping with budget restrictions, I'd say that the new three Player's Choice titles are all worth having ($39.99CDN, $29.99USD):

Super Mario Sunshine

Metroid Prime

Animal Crossing

I think SMS gets overly maligned sometimes, but if you like some old-school difficulty every once in a while, you'll like it. You might want to knock off Animal Crossing and get Super Smash Bros.: Melee or Super Monkey Ball 2 (both also Player's Choice) instead if you want some good simultaneous multiplayer action.

Not being an RPG fan (there goes Zelda)

Nope, it's still there. Zelda is hardly an RPG. It has much more in commom with Metroid than it does any traditional RPG.

Sam

Get the system. You can always borrow Zelda and Metroid from me if you need to. God knows I've got plenty of other stuff to play.

Nope, it's still there. Zelda is hardly an RPG. It has much more in commom with Metroid than it does any traditional RPG.
Zelda is definitely not an RPG. It is, in fact, nothing like an RPG, except both use the term 'dungeon'.

Really? Hmmm. I actually have this (it was our free game and my son picked it) but have never played it.

I always associated the Zelda games with RPG. Weird.