LCVG

New Return of the King game trailer

Originally posted by Daniel Brecher@Oct 1 2003, 02:53 PM

Well I don't have any friends..... so I'll just get the X-box version. :green:

A) :cry:

B) Even the XBox and Gamecube (which I'll be getting if any, as my TTT plays great on it already) will have co-op with the other person sitting there.

Even the XBox and Gamecube (which I'll be getting if any, as my TTT plays great on it already) will have co-op with the other person sitting there.

I was going to suggest if you make it over for my early extended Two Towers DVD screening, you, me and Rob could have quite a bashing at the ol' box version but I see the UK version does not street until the 14th of November.

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got round to donwloading the 85mb demo of the PC version and I love it. It's difficult (though the keyboard/mouse combination isn't helping), but I keep on going back to play it to try, try again which is a good sign. Visually wonderful, and EA have raided the archives further this time as they've obviously got access to the extended edition FOTR score as there's a choir motif in this levels music from the extended Amon Hen sequence in FOTR. The whole thing is even more lovingly grafted than the Two Towers game was. There's more going on, things are not as repetative with enemy AI being far superior.

It will be interesting to see whether the game was done in time to use some extended edition Two Towers music. I doubt they'd have finished it in time to add any Return of the King score to the game which is a shame.

REALLY looking forward to this game.

Daniel

I beat the demo level (yet I still return for the fun of it). Good stuff. From playing this and watching all the demo videos at IGN, it's clearly a title that overwhelms the player with enemies, this looks to sometimes be a frustrating thing, but it's so in tune with the scale of the films I don't know how anyone would want it any other way.

I think this is going to be one of the most rewarding and enjoyable film to game cash ins in a long, long time. You guys get it before us Brits mind you! 14th of Nov here. D'oh.

Daniel