LCVG

Fatal Frame movie

Link to the article at GameSpot.

Tecmo and DreamWorks Studios announce that both Steven Spielberg and John Rogers are working on the upcoming survival-horror game-inspired movie.

Following the recent news that Fatal Frame 2 will be released in November, Tecmo and DreamWorks Studios have today announced that the Fatal Frame movie is being fast-tracked. Steven Spielberg is currently working with writer and producer John Rogers on finalizing the script, a director is expected to be named shortly, and casting will begin soon after.

"I was attracted to the idea of doing a classic, old school haunted house picture," said Rogers, whose previous credits include The Core and the upcoming Catwoman. "By focusing, too, on cool Japanese cultural additions and different ghost mythos most North American audiences are unfamiliar with, we can do something unique. None of the rules about the supernatural, the characters, or our audience apply in the Fatal Frame world."

Thanks for fixing the title, Romier. :)

"By focusing, too, on cool Japanese cultural additions and different ghost mythos most North American audiences are unfamiliar with, we can do something unique."

I'm glad they're keeping it based in Japan and using the many Japanese "ghost mythos". There's so much to work with. I hope they stick with it, and don't "Americanize" it too much.

Lately, Japan has had some amazing horror flicks. The Ring, Uzumaki, Audition, Tomie, Kiyoshi Kurosawa's movies (especially Pulse! :shock: ). I hope some of these rub off onto the project.

I'm curious if they're going to incorporate any of the storylines from the games, or keep it entirely original.