LCVG

Fall 2006 TV Show Preview on the way...

JoeyN

Since everyone seem's to like them, Im working on my Fall 2006 preview, but i wanted to make sure to post that

Prison Break's season premiere is monday at 8 PM EST , followed by the premiere of another serial series on Fox called Vanished at 9 PM EST. .. Ill update the first post when i do the full preview. However from stuff i have seen Vanished could be the next fox serial hit behind 24 and prison break

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The DVR will be doing some serious recording, for sure. Vanished looks good to scratch my conspiracy itch, at least for a while. But with the wife's recent addiction to Grey's Anatomy, I can only store so many HD programs at a time, so I'll have to actually catch a few new shows "live."

Prison Break got off to a pretty good start yesterday.

slight spoilers follow......

If dude gets his hand reattached by a vet, without anesthesia, and regains the use of it, that will be hand's-down the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen on TV. Ever.

Carlos.

If dude gets his hand reattached by a vet, without anesthesia, and regains the use of it, that will be hand's-down the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen on TV. Ever.

:lol I was thinking the same thing. At least they had the vet say he really can't do that kind of work.

Poor dumb, dead Veronica. She won't be missed.

Looks like we have a new TV night in our house. My wife, who refuses to watch Shawshank and avoided Prison Break until the last 5 episodes last season, has become hooked. She can't stop gushing to her friends about how she likes to drool over Wentworth Miller. She asked me to get Season 1 on DVD when she saw it advertised last night. We also sat through Vanished, and it looks like that will draw us in as well. And then Weeds is on Showtime at 10. I don't think I've watched this much TV on a Monday night since the Wrestling wars in the Mid 90's.

I recorded Vanished and will see it thru for a few weeks. After that if it doesn't get good I'll can it.

It worked for Invasion which failed as a show so I'm not the only one using this strategy.

I really liked Prison Break but they are wavering on the ridiculous. The writing has to remain top notch.

I really liked Prison Break but they are wavering on the ridiculous. The writing has to remain top notch.

24 has been doing that since the first season. Hasnt hurt it

As for Invasion. The show actually got very good the second half, but by then people stopped watching

As for Invasion. The show actually got very good the second half, but by then people stopped watching

As I said, other people followed my same strategy. Speaking of invasion, the cop on that show is now on Prison Break. He's a nice character addition to the show. He's not Tommy Lee Jones but he's pretty good.

24 has been doing that since the first season. Hasnt hurt it

24 Completely lost me half way through the 3rd season with how rediculous it got. I haven't watched season 4 or 5 because of it. Same thing is starting to happen with Prison Break, but I'll stick with it for now.

Prison Break could have been one of the worst episodes of television that I've seen in years. HUGE, I repeat, HUGE freaking leaps of logic.

I'll spoiler tag this but I can barely recall something from the show that wasn't a heaping pile of shit.

The train sequence. When they're first running up to the train... it's a 5 or 6 car train. Then all of a sudden once they're on the other side... it's a massive train with tons of cars that hastens their getaway.

The doctor from the prison was D, E, A, D at the end of the last season. She's a recovering addict. If she wants to O.D, she O.D's.

The tattoo has ceased being interesting in any way. It's now a plot device that allows Mr. Tommy Lee Jones wannabe to follow along. How fucking stupid is it to put down all of the places that you need to go after you get out. Can't remember the names of the street outside the prison? Give me a break.

Add in all of the BS with T-Bag getting his hand worked on by a vet... and you have some of the worst written TV I've seen in years.

I'll give this one more episode, but if it's this bad next week I'm pulling the plug.

Glen

You missed the two best seasons of the show

I'll probably watch 4 and 5 soon. Since they're not a continuation like the others, I don't feel as bad about not finishing 3 first.

Can I mention again that Studio 60 will probably be the best show on TV this fall. I watched the pilot again for, I think, the 6th time. I can't wait for the series to start.

Oh and one more thing about this weeks Prison Break

Hey, bring up the census data for everyone who has ever lived or died in this county. Got that? Great, lets go to the national cemetary database. Super. Now that we have that we can go to what has to be the only cemetary (in what appears to be a town of quite a few people judging by the crowds later in the episode.)

Pathetic.

Glen

I saw an article in the paper this morning about the upcoming Survivor season. It wasn't very flattering, and mainly knocked the producers for stunt casting to increase ratings. I agree that it is generating a lot of fee press, and may bring back its audience, at least for the first few episodes. I've watched most seasons of Survivor, so will probably watch this one. Too bad this isn't really the "water-cooler" show anymore, as it could lead to good conversations in the workplace about diversity. If done right, this could be interesting. It could also be a disaster.

Too bad this isn't really the "water-cooler" show anymore, as it could lead to good conversations in the workplace about diversity.

That's cause it's pretty much the same damn thing everytime. No matter what twists they throw into the show, it pretty much boils down to an alliance holding it's ground and then people wimping out when they get to final tribal counsel. There's a few entertaining moments along the way, but it's not as fresh as it used to be anymore.

I have no problem with the racial tribes. It could be interesting since we finally don't have the token black and asian person and then a bunch of whiter than white boys. It'll be interesting to see how the different people actually band together in this one. I think the Blacks and the asians are gonna gang up on the white folks.

• 2 weeks later...